Trouble with DSD+ and Fastlane

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0UDT

Feed Provider
Something seems a bit off to me, and perhaps it's my config. I'm using SDR# to feed the CC copy of DSDPlus (changes -i to -i3 for the vb cable input).

I'm sitting on a control channel, and getting flooded with TSDU, TDU and PDU packets. Nothing ever happens though.

If I swap over to a voice channel while that copy of DSD+ is running (in SDRSharp), it decodes the voice as expected, picks up additional talk groups, etc. I must be doing something wrong, but I just don't know where/what it is.

If I start FMP-VC, and then VC, it still doesn't do any voice moves on the RTLSDR.

I thought perhaps it was DSDPlus.frequencies not being populated, but I added a couple in there, but still doesn't seem to "do "anything.

Perhaps, would it be possible to have (if no frequencies are set) it auto-decode, and let the user put the frequencies in? Or perhaps I'm just doing something completely wrong on this :)

RonnieUSA

No more VB Cable support.

Copied from notes.txt

FMP --> DSD+ TCP link

linking FMP to DSD+ via VAC or VBC is deprecated; please use the TCP
link feature instead; the first FMP command line parameter is FMP's
"output device" - instead of using a VAC or VBC device number, use a
TCP port number; any port number between 10000 and 65000 should be fine;
FMP will listen on the specified TCP port for a connection request from DSD+

note: each copy of FMP has to use a unique TCP port number

slicerwizard

Something seems a bit off to me, and perhaps it's my config. I'm using SDR# to feed the CC copy of DSDPlus (changes -i to -i3 for the vb cable input).

I'm sitting on a control channel, and getting flooded with TSDU, TDU and PDU packets. Nothing ever happens though.
DSD+ doesn't decode P25 control channels, so no voice following is going to happen.

KC0UDT

Feed Provider
That would be it, didn't realize it didn't do P25 control channels. Hrmm, now to figure out how to fix that, and get it working :) Thank you slicer!

RonnieUSA: well, it's deprecated, not removed. It still works, it still saw the sound, and still decoded voice channels when I clicked on it. It's just not decoding the control channel, apparently.

thegriff

Premium Subscriber
Given DSD+ does not do P25 tracking I'm hoping the ability to use virtual audio to route signals into DSD+ won't be taken out.

KC0UDT

Feed Provider
Agreed, I'm having troubles getting my second dongle to be found, so I hope it stays available. Unfortunate, however, that P25 tracking doesn't work :(

jazzbassNick

Feed Provider
If you're monitoring P25, Unitrunker and DSD+ works great. Unitrunker manages my 2 dongles (one parked on the CC, the other doing the voice following) great and DSD+ (v1.090) decodes voice well.

I think Unitrunker can also use just one dongle with multiple VCOs to do it, but the netbook I'm running it on isn't beefy enough to handle it, so I don't have any experience with it.

KC0UDT

Feed Provider
Yea, I may switch back to doing that. I was hoping to see DSD+ handle it all. No biggie for now, I guess :)

KC0UDT

Feed Provider
I no want vac! Want p25cc decode nao! ;)

Edit: wellll, that WAS all caps, but looks like radio referenced kills all caps, so now it just looks dumb, leaving it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.