BCD436HP/BCD536HP: when is new firware coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herodog

I just want to ask that question
The last firmware has alot of issue s the 105 I put 103 back on my scanner because it picked up better. On p25 phase1 800 mhz system. The 436 has a lot of issues with it 1- it misses alot I took my old pro 106 and put it side by side with 436 and and 106 was picking up traffic that 436 didn't and the sometimes both 436and 106 were equal so like I say 436 great scanner. But it does miss a lot so were is a new firmware update?

HopperD

Premium Subscriber
I'm having a similar problem with the P25 system here in the Los Angeles area and I also did a similar side-by-side comparison with my Pro106 and 436.

The 436 would sometimes miss the first 1-2 seconds of a transmission, the 106 didn't have this problem.

Hopefully the next firmware upgrade with fix this problem.

I just want to ask that question
The last firmware has alot of issue s the 105 I put 103 back on my scanner because it picked up better. On p25 phase1 800 mhz system. The 436 has a lot of issues with it 1- it misses alot I took my old pro 106 and put it side by side with 436 and and 106 was picking up traffic that 436 didn't and the sometimes both 436and 106 were equal so like I say 436 great scanner. But it does miss a lot so were is a new firmware update?

wise871

Database Admin
As Kelly referenced, Couple normally means two but Uniden speaks a different language so it could be up to 5. Sort of like 5 months since the last update.

-Soon = ?
-Working on it = ?
-In testing = ?
-In # of weeks = ?

Last edited:

MStep

What's the deal and the excitement about this new firmware? It would probably be a good idea to temper down any expectation of anything miraculous with any new firmware--- Hulca and Herodog and all, what are we actually expecting here, and what really needs to be addressed?

Certainly, for the 436/536, I would like to see some further development of the "Analyze" function--- perhaps I got spoiled by my HP1, and as we are all aware, the 436/536 Analyze mode leaves something to be desired. So if that's the "stuff" that we're waiting for in new firmware, that could be beneficial.

I'm pretty happy with how digital Phase I and Phase II traffic sounds right now. For those who went through some of the beta testing of firmware in the HP1, let me remind you that not every update produced results that were better than previous versions. In fact, in some cases, I see to recall that there were reports of degraded digital reception. So I think that we have to tread very carefully if we expect major improvements in digital decoding.

Perhaps there could be one or two features or functions added or modified, but there again, we have to be very careful that current features and functions are not impacted in any negative way. And yes, implementation of the SIREN function for Android users would be most welcome.

While firmware upgrades can be useful, I wondering what all the excitement is about and what the expectations here realistically are?

Last edited:

mjs438

Premium Subscriber
UPMAN,

Will the bcd536hp be getting a firmware update along with the 436? Customer just wanting some communications.. And what should we expect in the firmware update?

Thanks

Voyager

That's the problem with QC. You want them to do a job, but the customers don't want them to do the job.

Theo

Premium Subscriber
What's the deal and the excitement about this new firmware? It would probably be a good idea to temper down any expectation of anything miraculous with any new firmware--- Hulca and Herodog and all, what are we actually expecting here, and what really needs to be addressed?

Certainly, for the 436/536, I would like to see some further development of the "Analyze" function--- perhaps I got spoiled by my HP1, and as we are all aware, the 436/536 Analyze mode leaves something to be desired. So if that's the "stuff" that we're waiting for in new firmware, that could be beneficial.

I'm pretty happy with how digital Phase I and Phase II traffic sounds right now. For those who went through some of the beta testing of firmware in the HP1, let me remind you that not every update produced results that were better than previous versions. In fact, in some cases, I see to recall that there were reports of degraded digital reception. So I think that we have to tread very carefully if we expect major improvements in digital decoding.

Perhaps there could be one or two features or functions added or modified, but there again, we have to be very careful that current features and functions are not impacted in any negative way. And yes, implementation of the SIREN function for Android users would be most welcome.

While firmware upgrades can be useful, I wondering what all the excitement is about and what the expectations here realistically are?
Yes, all those updates would be nice but if you can't see the Damn Display what good is it !

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... maybe they will address the LSM issues on P2?... just kidding, that will never happen... don't use the x36's anymore, can't see the displays, muffled and garbled digital... I am one of the unlucky ones... no update's going to fix these POC...

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Yes, all those updates would be nice but if you can't see the Damn Display what good is it !

http://forums.radioreference.com/2439984-post55.html

It looks like UPMAN and Undone are going to finally address the dim display issue. Of course we are going to have to wait another two months, or in Uniden's terms two to six months. But at least they have acknowledge the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.