Traveling to the Pittsburgh Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

don333

I will be traveling to the Pittsburgh area in several weeks. The frequencies for the City of Pittsburgh Fire Dept. seem pretty straight forward, but for Allegheny County I'm a little confused. Will I need to program all of the fire frequencies listed or are there just a few that are required? Thanks!

dgvallus

Premium Subscriber
North, South, East and West Dispatch will get you started. The Public Safety and Ops channels for each zone might be a handful to program them all in individually; I know East has 4 ops channels and the South has 5 (not counting Tac channels).

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Allegheny county is divided into zones. North / South / East / west which all surrounds the city of pittsburgh.

Most dispatching is done through the Allegheny County 911 center however there are a few municipalities that are self dispatched.

Would need more info to give you a better idea of what to listen for.

Frank

Using the Freescan program .The Fire/EMS are broken down by zones, however the Police are in a category called CNTYLAW. I made up my own zones for the police. Pending where you are staying, you can program that zone. Plus they also have Municipalities that are self dispatching, I move those into the different zones. If you need help let me know!!!

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.