MARCS-IP MRE status??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sopranosno1

Went looking on the fcc site for status on the 769.05625 frequency. Didnt find anything till i changed the one it says to expired, then i found it and the status said dismissed. Anyone have a clue to what is up with the mre for the osp, odnr etc.. are they wanting mre's for the marcs ip system??? Also went looking on the fcc site for pending ohio,state of and found nothing for 700mhz convential.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I believe they were looking toward another band for their MREs due to the interference on the 700 frequencies.

You might want to start scanning their former UHF frequencies again; I have a sneaky suspicion they'll "run home to mama" since they're already licensed for those frequencies (and renewed the license in 2012).

phask

Premium Subscriber

FWIW - heard them last night on the 800 freqs. I'll plug in the old ones with an "alert", just in case.

I live close enough to a major highway I can usually hear one a few times a week. Especially if they eat at Arby's :)

guttapercha

You might want to start scanning their former UHF frequencies again; I have a sneaky suspicion they'll "run home to mama" since they're already licensed for those frequencies (and renewed the license in 2012).

Does that mean that they'll need two handies? One for the MRE, and one for 800 Mhz (if they're not right by their cruiser?)

bigbud42010

No they dont need two mics when they get out of their car or when they want to use their repeater/extender i think they either flip a switch or it is on at all times im not exactly sure. Its one of those though. I seen the switch option in a motorola extender video online

guttapercha

No they dont need two mics when they get out of their car or when they want to use their repeater/extender i think they either flip a switch or it is on at all times im not exactly sure. Its one of those though. I seen the switch option in a motorola extender video online

These systems can be activated when the trooper opens the door of the car.
My point is that two HTs or a dual-band HT seem necessary if it is also important for the trooper to radio directly (i.e. without the help of the MRE)

guttapercha

good excuse to buy some expensive multi-band APX portables, UHF/700/800...

so much for the futurecom 700 mhz 'in-'band' mobile repeaters...

Yes - ouch! I used to live in WI in the 90s, and the State Patrol there was on conventional VHF. The MRE frequency was spaced very far from the repeater output, so everything was doable on one handie.

bigbud42010

I have 3 radios 2 digital 1 analog and i have the MRE for OSP in that radio 774.2875 and when they get close i can hear them on that radio and freq. It don't sound bad at all either
I love the way the old MARCS system sounds. I just hope they get good quality radios to use on the new MARCS-IP unlike (CCSO) clark county sheriff and get the cheap motorola radios in their cars that sound horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.