Sentinel--Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Premium Subscriber
Getting errors with Windows 10. Will not work now what? Reinstalled several times.

Last edited:

pdisher

Premium Subscriber
Looks like you'll need set the permissions of the database (entire directory tree) to give yourself read and write access (choose full control)

There are no doubt youtube vids on how to accomplish this. You may first have to take ownership of the directory and sub-directories.

It's not the Uniden software it's Windows

Theo

Premium Subscriber
Looks like you'll need set the permissions of the database (entire directory tree) to give yourself read and write access (choose full control)

There are no doubt youtube vids on how to accomplish this. You may first have to take ownership of the directory and sub-directories.

It's not the Uniden software it's Windows
Thanks, I gave up went back to Windows 7 to much of a pain!!

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Just downloaded Sentinel on my Win 10 installation and when tried to run it I got same error message. I then closed it out and did the following:

Right click on the icon on the desktop, click properties, click compatibility tab on to, check box to Run As Administrator then clicked Apply and OK.

Then ran the program again, it asked if I wanted it to run just clicked Yes and the program then reconstructed the database without issue and loaded fine.

Have not tried to talk to scanner or anything as I only have Win 10 on one work computer but it ran without a hitch after running it as admin.

RJ

Theo

Premium Subscriber
Just downloaded Sentinel on my Win 10 installation and when tried to run it I got same error message. I then closed it out and did the following:

Right click on the icon on the desktop, click properties, click compatibility tab on to, check box to Run As Administrator then clicked Apply and OK.

Then ran the program again, it asked if I wanted it to run just clicked Yes and the program then reconstructed the database without issue and loaded fine.

Have not tried to talk to scanner or anything as I only have Win 10 on one work computer but it ran without a hitch after running it as admin.

RJ
Thanks, I'll try that when I decide to go back to 10. I need to know if the USB, upload, download works before I do. PS. ARC536PRO USB didn't work either.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Theo,

Right now I cannot confirm that as I only have it at work but I believe there are some other threads to where people have got it to work and others, well not so much... I guess until Uniden can get the software updates so you don't have to do this work-around then everything 'should' fall into place.

For now I am still sticking with 7 on my home computers until the early 'bugs' are worked out on 10 then I may upgrade but I am still in limbo if I will.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
If it works for some users, but not others, it is unlikely a software issue. Have seen similar posts all over this board, and it almost always is some underlying issue in the users machine, regardless of Software.

SCPD

QRT
Have had Windows 10 Public Release since day 1 .. and no problems.

Sentinel, GRE/Whistler EzScan and PSREdit software all working fine.

KE0GXN

Last edited:

mjs438

Premium Subscriber
I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Reinstalled Sentinel s/w and downloaded DB no issues at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.