BC346xt No Reception..slow speed scanning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings..

I have a new problem and was wondering has anyone encountered this one before. Suddenly, my BC346xt is not receiving anything. Antenna 'appears' to be ok. It wasn't dropped.

In addition the search mode is much slower than normally. It was going through each MHz in under 2 seconds (851.0000 to 852.0000), but not it almost takes nearly 13 seconds for such a search.

Any ideas? I did try the good ole 'manual, 2, 9" route but nothing.

Tim

Voyager

A couple things to try:

1. Make sure your squelch is set to 2 or higher.

2. Tune to the local WX channel and see if you can hear anything there.

Tim

Feed Provider
Unfortunately,

I checked the Wx right away and nothing. I figured it must be something with the antenna obviously...but then i noticed it was searching rather slowly also.

I was going to see if re-downloading the firmware again will doing anything when I get home. Just wondering if i stumbled upon something that has been dealt with before.

Tim

Voyager

You can try the firmware, but I suspect something has gone in the unit that will require repair.

Tim

Feed Provider
Ooops...

That's what I meant. sorry thinking about the older scanners. I also did the 'firmware' thing and no luck. @#$@#$@

Of course, it's the only discriminator output radio i have. :(

Tim

Voyager

Of course, it's the only discriminator output radio i have. :(

Now there is a good clue. I wonder if the tap got a short or some voltage that took out the receiver.

How did you tap it? (what protection components did you use)

Tim

Feed Provider
You might want to try this company. The home page is Home Page
Here is the info about them including phone number. The home page doesn't say if they do this type of modification, but it might be worth a phone call. You can cut and paste the web site above if the link doesn't work.
G&G COMMUNICATIONS
Gerry Oliver - Owner
7825 Black Street Rd., LeRoy, N.Y. 14482
Phone: 585-768-8151
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
-------------------
I didn't do it personally...I used this outfit out of NY state (As referred to by another member). .I have had the radio back for less than a month now. was it something they poss did or is it just bad luck?

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.