Pro197 technical advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, I need a pro's advice. I took either a lightning strike or a major power surge a few days ago. Hurt a few items like my GRE410 my Pro 197 and a Alien A3 FTA receiver. What I found was the wall wart for the 410 got hurt, ran it off the cig lighter in my car and all is fine. The FTA receiver has a power supply similar to a laptop, I put a bench power supply on it and all is fine. Now for the 197, power supply shot also but it will not turn on even with 13.8 volts supplied. Question is does anybody now if there is a fuse on the input on the 197? I have not opened it yet, but will later. Thanks, Nick

Blackswan73

There is an overload/RP diode inside the radio. It is close to the power jack. My guess is it is blown. A 75 cent repair

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Thank you that is what I wanted to hear!

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
There is an overload/RP diode inside the radio. It is close to the power jack. My guess is it is blown. A 75 cent repair

Found it jumped it just long enough to power on and hear a transmission. I will pull it and try to find the specs and replace it this week. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.