Alpine NJ 146.955 MHz Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

namhcor

Has anyone noticed that the output signal of this repeater has lessened in the past few weeks? The input sensitivity appears to have stayed the same but the output signal sounds a lot weaker than normal.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Have you verified this with any other users of the repeater? If you haven't already try another radio and antenna. Perhaps it's on your end, perhaps not. Repeaters will lose a power amplifier from time to time and could cause symptoms like this. I would reach out to some of the other users on the repeater and go from there.

The club operating that repeater is aware of the problem. A replacement repeater is on order. Until the replacement arrives, the existing repeater will be left in service, operating on reduced power output.

AC2OY

Thanks for the update. Now all the club has to do is get rid of Rocky and the jammers!

Rocky? Do you mean the guy that sounds like Clamenzia? This is why I spend most of my operating time on HF. We would be having a great rag chew then these particular individuals would come on for no reason and jam us. Kind of makes you wonder what kind of life they have doing stuff like this.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Rocky? Do you mean the guy that sounds like Clamenzia? This is why I spend most of my operating time on HF. We would be having a great rag chew then these particular individuals would come on for no reason and jam us. Kind of makes you wonder what kind of life they have doing stuff like this.

People who do that have no life at all really.. Or their unlicensed of well they just don't give a ****..

AC2OY

I heard that repeater loud and clear last night. They did a fantastic job fixing it. I have to try and hitting it with my HT. Not sure if I can reach it or not.

namhcor

The repeater hasn't been up to par for weeks now. Output is diminished and the receive is absolutely horrible! This used to be a great repeater in the New York City metro area and beyond! Anyone have accurate info on when the repeater will return to the way it used be?

namhcor

Rocky antagonizes the jammers instead of ignoring them. He also regularly conducts business on the repeater late at night discussing his auto repair business and prices for parts and labor. He's a LID and he must go!

namhcor

Lots of jamming late last night with Danny Delise using fake name Barry and fake callsign W2BBW and other LIDS talking to him or antagonizing him. The repeater owner or control operator should be doing his job when this happens and shut down the machine.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Lots of jamming late last night with Danny Delise using fake name Barry and fake callsign W2BBW and other LIDS talking to him or antagonizing him. The repeater owner or control operator should be doing his job when this happens and shut down the machine.

Wow, you just solved a little mystery for me. I have had this guy nick named Barry the bootlegger for some time now. He has a very distinct voice and seems to have a decent station as I hear him on a couple of repeaters in the Philadelphia area occasionally. I have documented him using the name Barry with call sign W2BBW. Also the name Casimir with call sign KD2GNZ. He also uses other names of Mario and Andre.

The other night I was having dinner with an old friend who still lives back home. He was telling me about all this kind of stuff going on in the area. What a shame. Andy would have been very upset.

The problem with shutting down a repeater is that the act itself provides reinforcement for the jammer. Remember, you're not dealing with someone who is psychologically stable. You're also precluding legitimate use, although the jammer has destroyed that pleasure for users, anyway. Some kind of access control might be a better way to go.

RocketNJ

Caz KD2GNZ is a legit name and callsign. He made the dumb mistake of having a conversation with a Hopatcong dispatcher about boats on the Hopatcong Police repeater, even after realizing he was on their frequency. The FCC was NOT happy. (reminder boys and girls why you should program public safety frequencies as receive only)

Caz has been kicked off quite a few repeaters in the area.

Danny on the other hand continues to do his jamming and proof is gift wrapped and presented to the FCC who, until this time, have done nothing to stop him. Let's hope the FCC wakes up and gives Danny Delise the fine he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.