counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunjerry

Ok so this past weekend took my annual trip to Florida. If a county is listed in the MWIN database does that mean that they no longer use their old frequencies? If so, why are those still listed? I guess I need to put all of them under MWIN now..Rankin hinds, Jones ect ect...the only one I had in MWIN was Forest with Hattiesburg. .

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Rankin is not on the MSWIN yet, only Pearl PD. Hinds has only Byram on the MSWIN. Jackson PD/FD, Clinton PD/FD and HCSO are still on the Hinds TRS. A lot of the counties that have MSWIN, also still use the VHF/UHF freqs. Some have gone pure MSWIN. Warren and Rankin will be transitioning over the next year or so as they convert their TRS's to MSWIN sites. DeSoto will also in the not to distant future. Hinds will most likely also convert to MSWIN as well over the next couple of years as Byram has moved over, and Clinton is joining them... City of Jackson I am curious as to what they will do really, as they upgraded the city's system to an Harris P25ip.... Thus far, only DPW, Water, and JATRAN are on it from my understanding. JPD and JFD are on the Hinds TRS still.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCPD

QRT
Rankin and Hinds Counties still page out the FD on high band

Be Safe

As a Rankin County volunteer firefighter I can tell you that we are no longer paged out on the high band as of 2-3 years ago using voice. They have a new channel that they send out pagers to the little alphanumeric text pagers but that would be useless on a scanner. Milf you may also want to correct that on the database.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Jimmy, did you note the tone so that when I fix this listing it is properly done?

Status
Not open for further replies.