BFDX BF-TD501 uhf

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
BFDX BF-TD501 uhf for DMR police scanning?
Will it work?

I setup a LUITON DG-TD501 UHF for a coworker which by all accounts is the same as the BFDX BF-TD501.

The programming software and drivers were easy to locate and install and the software is decent to work with. The software copies the Hytera radio programming structure. No English language tutorials or programming support are available, that I could find at least. Got it working and serving it's purpose. Mind you, it's just setup to monitor one business.

If you go with this unit, you will still need to utilize DMR Decode or DSD to secure the needed color code, repeater slot and call id's.

Bad news? This unit will probably never receive a firmware upgrade which is very important for a DMR radio and support is nonexistence. No copy-paste or import function either. Only 160 presets are available over 10 zones.

My advise, take a good look at the CS750 from Connect Systems. It would be my go to if I needed a DMR radio.

With a CS750 you get a unit that has had repeated firmware upgrades since release, English based support via phone/message board/email and if what I read is correct, no need to utilize DMR Decode or DSD to secure the required information to monitor a system.

Last edited:

RayAir

I recommend either a CS-700 or Tytera MD-380.

I don't have a CS750, but I downloaded the software and didn't care for it.

Since the MD-380 software is almost the same as the CS700 I bought a couple 380's and am happy with the radios.

I use mine as scanners for local DMR systems.

They work great.

Note: Connect Systems has replaced the CS700 with the 710 and 750, but the 700 can be upgraded to be 710 or 750.

RayAir

Does the CS750 now auto detect CC and TS or do you have to FPP it in?

Also I remember hearing the "monitor" button on the CS750 only works when you're parked on one frequency.
I'm under the impression it won't work in scan mode, for instance auto-scanning a Cap+ or Con+.

Maybe someone with a CS750 can elaborate on the above.

For what's out there now, I still highly recommend using DSD+ for obtaining system information. It is not that bad to set up and learn. It's been a tremendous help for me. I didn't get into digital scanning until earlier this year.

I gave up on scanning because so many users went to DMR, but DSD and affordable DMR radios opened a huge door back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.