BCD536HP questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Before I pull the trigger on the BCD536HP I have been reading as much as i can. I noticed that the BCD536HP has display issues. If i run this radio at a lower brightness then max will the display still fade out over time? I really don't want to drop $500 and have problems down the road. Thanks for any and all help/advice

Mike

an39511

Before I pull the trigger on the BCD536HP I have been reading as much as i can. I noticed that the BCD536HP has display issues. If i run this radio at a lower brightness then max will the display still fade out over time? I really don't want to drop $500 and have problems down the road. Thanks for any and all help/advice

Mike

It has been my experience owning three BCD536HP that running the display on the lowest setting has caused no brightness deterioration. I don't know if running it at the medium setting will cause any problems but certainly running it on the highest will.

MStep

Mike

Hi Mike---- I bought a 536 about a month ago and could not be happier--- great scanner. And I have been running the brightness at the lowest level whenever possible to try to avoid issues down the road. Of course, sometimes when I am in the car with the radio in bright sunlight, I sometimes have to crank up the display brightness, but I try to avoid it whenever possible.

I just that Uniden acknowledges the problem and comes up with a better solution than just running it at a lower level.

Enjoy your new 536. Somewhat of a learning curve, but patience will pay off.

mitbr

I have had my 536hp for a year and a half.I run the radio 8 hours a day with the display on the low setting. I have to date not noted any dimming of the display.
Tim

marksmith

I can tell you that 7-9 months running at the highest brightness (which is not very bright) 24/7 is about the length of usefulness of the radio.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've had two 536s ever since they came out. I haven't noticed the dimming issue that others have reported. One is at home and has been running non-stop for monhts. The other is in my vehicle and is powered off/on several times a day.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Not sure why but mine is very readable with the setting on dim for me scanner on at night recording backlight off at night on dim all day have only turned off the scanner to move back and forth playing with it at work now it stays home all the time and remote it with ProScan.

Status
Not open for further replies.