Library update

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC2OY

What was or is the last EZ scan library update number? Since I had my accident with my computer I had few issues updating the library. Now that I think I'm past that I was curious. I think it said number 426 or 436 was what I currently have. Thank you.

AC2OY

RGD question,if I update the recent library doesn't it update the frequencies,systems,talk groups...ect. In my programming's alpha tags or do I have to go in and do that myself? I have been using the 800 every night and I noticed that many talk groups are coming up as wild cards when I know for fact they are now police talk groups that have been tagged in other programming software. My 800 was programmed by a friend maybe three or four years ago.

3mary2

Library version for the WS 1080

The latest Library version I have for my PSR-800 & WS1080 is 427, which I downloaded on Saturday, August 8, 2015.

Not sure when the version came out, but my WS 1080 is showing the latest is 428. If you go to the Whistler site all downloads for the scanners are listed.

jackj

The latest frequency database update I have is 428, released on Saturday, August 15th. The next one will be 429 and it should be released on the 22nd.

Your Alpha tags will be updated to whatever is in the RR database if you choose that option in EZ Scan. When the download is complete, EZ Scan will ask if you want to update the data on the card/scanner. If you answer yes then it will bring up a screen with that option on it. Check it if you want it updated but be aware, it will replace any custom alpha tags you have with whatever is in the RR database.

RDGDigital

Not sure when the version came out, but my WS 1080 is showing the latest is 428. If you go to the Whistler site all downloads for the scanners are listed.

There is a new Library Released every Saturday. 428 was released on 8/15 and 427 was released on 8/8. My reply to the OP was posted on 8/13 and that was before the 428 update was released on 8/15.

Hope this helps

RDGDigital

RGD question,if I update the recent library doesn't it update the frequencies,systems,talk groups...ect. In my programming's alpha tags or do I have to go in and do that myself? I have been using the 800 every night and I noticed that many talk groups are coming up as wild cards when I know for fact they are now police talk groups that have been tagged in other programming software. My 800 was programmed by a friend maybe three or four years ago.

When you update to the latest Library, it does not update your programmed data with the "frequencies,systems,talk groups...ect". After the Library downloads, you do have the option to update the Alpha Tags on your programmed data, but that is all that gets updated for programmed data.

If there is new information in the latest Library, e.g., new Talk Groups, then you will need to add them to your existing programming.

Hope this helps.

mikey60

When you update to the latest Library, it does not update your programmed data with the "frequencies,systems,talk groups...ect". After the Library downloads, you do have the option to update the Alpha Tags on your programmed data, but that is all that gets updated for programmed data.

If there is new information in the latest Library, e.g., new Talk Groups, then you will need to add them to your existing programming.

Hope this helps.

Actually, on trunked systems, it will update the Alpha tag for all programmed talkgroups if the option is selected, and any frequency changes for any of the programmed sites.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.