IC-R9500 Serial Control Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone aware of any serial control commands that exist for the IC-R9500 yet are not in the table at the back of the manual? I'm trying to write some automated control software but one but I can figure out how to do a tone scan over remote.

SCPD

QRT
Is anyone aware of any serial control commands that exist for the IC-R9500 yet are not in the table at the back of the manual? I'm trying to write some automated control software but one but I can figure out how to do a tone scan over remote.

In looking at the manual, I don't see any way of doing this either. At first, I presumed it was a SCAN-related command but it's not. If you look at the Tone Scan section it's an "advanced" feature of the T.SQL function.

Hmm, is there any way to READ the MENU options? If there was a way to SELECT the FUNC keys then you may have a way to do it...

It doesn't look like ICOM presents any path to manipulate that feature or like you say, it's undocumented.

You might send an inquiry to ICOM and see if there's further information.

PS. I found this but I don't think I'm not sure it'll be helpful -- looks outdated:

Icom America - Knowledge Base Article 63AE624429

In looking at the manual, I don't see any way of doing this either. At first, I presumed it was a SCAN-related command but it's not. If you look at the Tone Scan section it's an "advanced" feature of the T.SQL function.

Hmm, is there any way to READ the MENU options? If there was a way to SELECT the FUNC keys then you may have a way to do it...
Hmmm, yeah that's a thought. I'll have to explore that possibility.
It doesn't look like ICOM presents any path to manipulate that feature or like you say, it's undocumented.

You might send an inquiry to ICOM and see if there's further information.

Who, by chance do you typically get in touch with at Icom? My experience has not been all that great.

PS. I found this but I don't think I'm not sure it'll be helpful -- looks outdated:

Icom America - Knowledge Base Article 63AE624429

Well, I'll check it out nontheless. It may impart another idea.

Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
Who, by chance do you typically get in touch with at Icom? My experience has not been all that great.

I would get in touch with technical support through this form. It's probably better than attempting to call someone.

Email Us

You could simply post your question to ICOM about the Tone scanning. It may take some time for them to reply but you never know, you might get an answer within a few business days. (They may have to send the request to ICOM Japan.)

SCPD

QRT
Looks like you may have to set each tone and then read squelch status and then advance to next tone.

Yeah that's a good idea. It's slow but that's one way to do it. I suppose you could program 38 memory channels at once with each tone and then read squelch from each one and then do clean up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.