Lost Audio and DSD+ fuction

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalRain

After installing and re-installing all the software needed. I now have a problem with either VB Cable, DSD+ or Unitrunker.
Everything seems to be running fine except there is a delay when a DSD+ voice transmission appears. And when a transmission does show up most of the time it doesn't even get picked up by DSD+. The window with the line meter hears the transmission but doesn't put in thu DSD+. and now I have no audio at all, But My Speakers are working and the VB cable in the playback devices is showing sound, it's just not putting it out to the speakers.
It's very strange, I hope I explained this without confusion.

RonnieUSA

Device Numbers? not sure what that is.
This is what it looks like.
Code:
audio input device #1 = 'CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual '
audio input device #2 = 'Microphone (Realtek High Defini'

audio output device #1 = 'Speakers (Realtek High Definiti'
audio output device #2 = 'CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual C'
audio output device #3 = 'E260MV (High Definition Audio D'

audio input device #1 (CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual ) initialized
audio output device #1 (Speakers (Realtek High Definiti) initialized

DigitalRain

OK i did see that in the DSD+ window. I'll see if I can change or fix it. This whole project is becoming a pain, It should not be this difficult.

DigitalRain

Here is what is set up now. I have 100 signal - Channels are showing up on the voice side. The VB cable can hear the DSD+ and DSD+ voice meter is working but not putting it thu to be decoded and I don't hear it thu the speakers

Attachments

• edacs.jpg
    edacs.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 306
D

DaveNF2G

I can see two possible explanations.

1) The data being "seen" by DSD+ is not voice.

2) The conversations are so brief that the decoding delay in your setup is too long for them to be processed before Unitrunker moves on to the next transmission. The solution is a faster computer, but there is a theoretical lower limit to transmission length below which your setup would never have time to process really short calls.

DigitalRain

I tried different computers with the same result. I think I'm getting feed back from something, because when someone keys up I hear static and voice on top of each other. I have tried switching my speaker settings along with the VB Cable. And still get the same thing.

I think If I could get rid of the static this thing might work.

Computer: AMD A6-5200 Accelerated Processor
8GB DDR3 System memory

D

DaveNF2G

Are you sure that you are tuned to the actual system frequency and not an image or harmonic?

Intermodulation could explain the extra "static and voice" coming in along with the desired traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.