Question about Working Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Nozzleman

Premium Subscriber
Hey all due to some major family health issues, and please don't shoot me for this, my scanner spent the last few months in the pawn shop. Before it went in I made a copy of my database but cannot find it. Does somebody have a database that makes the fire departments priority and the police secondary. I would appreciate it.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
FL FD/PD

So you just want a favorites list with FD and PD and priority on the FD? How about a different approach, priority on the dispatch talkgroups? Not sure what your exactly trying to do but it seems your scanning the entire database and the scanner misses alot? Open the Sentinel software, update the database first. Then create a Favorites list, bring in all the FD and PD. Edit the talkgroups you want priority assigned to, then send to scanner. Then just scan the favorites list, turn off "Full Database".

OBTW I read here the FD is going to make changes soon. Somebody posted the switch over to P25 digital for the SNACC users. Not time to panic your scanner should handle it. Unless they go full encryption Phase 2. I don't understand why they would go encrypted but it's wait and see time.

The_Nozzleman

Premium Subscriber
Hey 737 hows it going.

What I want to do is be able to listen to the dispatch of the fire units and the tac talk groups here in Vegas. I know the last time we talked I was in Henderson but I am now in the middle of the City of Las Vegas. I love to chase fires and get pictures of the action.

What I want to do is be able to listen to the initial dispatch and the beginning of the fire ground on the Tac Chanel and if it is something worth chasing going and getting pictures of the fire, equipment, and firefighters. That is why I am looking for a working data base that includes Metro and the City, County, North Las Vegas, and Henderson Fire Departments. I get plenty of police activities but half the time I get half of the fire but not much on the fire ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.