Pro-652: How Do I Get Ohio Marcs on pro 262

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
Looks like from your location you'd want to be monitoring the Washington County site of the P25 digital system - perhaps you are...

Many people describe trunked talkgroups as sounding funny (I've heard "underwater" used alot). Digital is even more different than analog trunked as far as sound -- it takes time to get used to listening. The more you listen, the easier it is on the ears... It's like listening to someone who talks really faster when you're not used to that - eventually, your ear and brain sync and it starts making more sense...

dickd304

my pro652 is an up grade from the pro197, it picks up everything but just can't seem to get the marcs to work thanks for the reply dickd304.ps it's a radio shack radio.

troymail

Silent Key
The 652 should work (for now) if the RRDB is correct. The system is showing P25 Phase 1 (for now)... however, these newer systems are hard to receive given digital simulcast issues and the fact that they don't "blast" out signals anymore like the older systems and conventional channels. You have to be pretty close to get consistent reception - which is why I was suggesting that your best options is probably the Washington County site...

N8IAA

my pro652 is an up grade from the pro197, it picks up everything but just can't seem to get the marcs to work thanks for the reply dickd304.ps it's a radio shack radio.

The Pro-652 is a rebadged Pro-197 now made by Whistler.
What software are you using for the 652? If Win500, you must update to the latest Win500 that supports the newer Whistler models.
Also, make sure that you have the system as P25 Auto.
Larry

Swipesy

Ok Dickd304, lets start from the top here.

1. Are you talking about receiving MARCS?
2. Are you talking about receiving MARCS-IP?
3. Are you talking about receiving both MARCS and MARCS-IP?

Two different systems and programmed differently. Lets us know and we can guide you better.

dickd304

hi guys it was a miss print it's not a 252 it's a pro-652 radio shack, and i want both marcs for the radio i have the pro-197 and the pro-652 and can't get the marcs to program in it keeps coming back wildcard. any way thanks for the info, and i use the upgraded scancat software. thanks again, dickd304.

budevans

hi guys it was a miss print it's not a 252 it's a pro-652 radio shack, and i want both marcs for the radio i have the pro-197 and the pro-652 and can't get the marcs to program in it keeps coming back wildcard. any way thanks for the info, and i use the upgraded scancat software. thanks again, dickd304.

You might consider downloading the current version of WIN500 (as another member already mentioned). It will let you program both scanners. You can use the program on a trial basis for 30 days. Then if you like it, you can purchase the key. If you don't like it, just uninstall it.

WIN500 is very easy and straight forward to use. You shouldn't have any problem programming either MARCS-IP or MARCS. Plus if you do have questions their is a large user base that can help you.

SCPD

QRT
The talkgroups have to be programmed individually the wildcard is all frequencies on 1 channel

puzzleriddle

Get a programming cable an software and use your premium membership to import from RRDB in to the software and then to the scanner. Also will cable drivers.

dickd304

hello guys it's me again i just bought a new ws-1040 didgital scanner and i still can't here the marcs clear i can program the marcs freqs in but still sounds like they are under water any way to clear this up ? thanks dickd304

Status
Not open for further replies.