• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MotoTRBO Repeater Connect Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

motocomm

Feed Provider
I've just begun learning all about the TRBO radios (i know, i know, im a bit late) and I was informed that my local TRBO repeaters require radios to have Connect Plus in order to work. Is that a feature on ALL TRBO radios, or just SOME TRBO radios?
Is that determination broken down by model or by option code?

RayAir

What are you trying to do? Scan a Con+ with a DMR Radio or put an authorized radio onto a Con+ system?

motocomm

Feed Provider
I am selling a customer radios and they need them to work with the system. They are interested in xpr4550 and xpr6550 radios.

JRayfield

I am selling a customer radios and they need them to work with the system. They are interested in xpr4550 and xpr6550 radios.

I see that you have an eBay store, so I gather that you buy/sell used radio equipment.

Does your customer own this MOTOTRBO system? Or is it a system that is owned by a Motorola dealer who sells service on this system?

The XPR4550 and the XPR6550 must have the option board installed and then have firmware/software uploaded into the option board.

John Rayfield, Jr.
W0PM

Status
Not open for further replies.