New Yorks State Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
I'll have to check, I work right behind the fairgrounds and their frequencies are all crazy setting up. I should see if I get any new close call hits from the roof here overlooking everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
to be.. "utilized by multiple New York State and county agencies, including the New York State Office of Interoperable and Emergency Communications, Office of Fire Prevention and Control, Office of Emergency Management, State Police, Department of Transportation, Onondaga county, etc."

D

DaveNF2G

Does the coordinator have information as to operating modes? i.e., Will these channels be analog or digital?

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks KC2

Great info.

After looking further, I noticed there is a set of Rx frequencies as well. Is there much point in plugging those in? I mean, naturally it can't really hurt, but do you know of any real "advantage" if you will?

Thanks again.

jsikora

Well as reference i am pretty sure those 4 channels are for the new DOT repeaters. I believe SP will be on the digital system they were on last year.

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
154.665 tone 110.9 is all I captured. This is from the roof of my workplace overlooking the fairgrounds. Set my scanner up there for 3 hours recording. Most of the hits were the main fair frequency of 152.9 with a bunch of train activity (tracks are between me and the fair)

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
Train activity on their frequencies not the fair one......

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
Nothing was heard on the 3 new 800 channels recently licensed. Other than Exterior units using car-to-car, the primary operations were on the same 700 MHz frequencies as last year. 100% encrypt too.

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
Spent 6 hours walking around the fair yesterday with close call recording. When I get a chance to review I'll post if I find anything of interest. I know most of the hits were their main frequency

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Ditto Alpha

I wasn't at the fair but I was in Syracuse and heard what appeared to be a lot of medical talk/coordination on the CNY system TG 67.

I noticed Alpha named it differently than what the RRDB has but it's the same TG number.

Status
Not open for further replies.