• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Astro Spectra Programing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveyb

I have an Astro Spectra that I am trying to program. With the CPS I read the code plug and go to add or change the channels and the softwear says its a read only so I can not change the frequencies. I am new at Motorola programming can some one please help me out here?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber

daveyb

When I go to make changes to frequencies or other things I see a set of glasses and it says read only I and using a Windows program not a DOS program. Can some one read my code plug and help me out here? Tell me how to get it to you.

jim202

All the correct information can be found in the 2 links mentioned in my previous post.

You could have been a little more specific on showing him where to look. Those links don't do much for anyone unless you know how to dig down through all the threads that don't apply.

Even I get tired at times pointing people where to look for information, but at least I give them the actual thread with the info they need. Give him a little slack and try to be a little more helpful.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
You could have been a little more specific on showing him where to look. Those links don't do much for anyone unless you know how to dig down through all the threads that don't apply.

Even I get tired at times pointing people where to look for information, but at least I give them the actual thread with the info they need. Give him a little slack and try to be a little more helpful.

Yep, kinda like I did above. If one of those two things is the problem the answer is there. Just read through it thoroughly two or three times if need be.

daveyb: Feel free to send me your code plug and I'll have a look. My email address is a couple posts back.

Status
Not open for further replies.