DMR Tier III

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
I dont know any of the voice channels running dsd+ on the control channel gets me nothing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you are not getting anything from a Tier III control channel, something is wrong with your setup, it does work. You need two SDR devices for trunktracking, one for the control channel (CC) and the second for the voice channel (VC).
You need to set DSDPlus up as explained in the documentation that comes with the download or on the many threads here on RR.
You then start the program using the various command line settings or with batch files.
It takes a bit more than downloading the file and clicking DSDPlus.exe.

chris

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
no traffic?

Im using unitrunker and DSD+ as my setup with two SDRs.

Unitrunker says "DMR" and shows a health of 100% DSD+ once a while will show "invalid sync" but thats not very often.

the system is brand new, so its possible there is no voice traffic yet.

does anyone know, will unitrunker and DSD+ follow the voice channels?

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
how do i

how do i find the voice channels. the new system is using pager channels so there is no site licence

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
how do i find the voice channels. the new system is using pager channels so there is no site licence
Hello,

You need to monitor the control channel and do a search for voice channels when there is activity. The Capacity Plus and Connect Plus voice channels use different cach messages from conventional, so they can be easily identified. It is more difficult for Tier 3 as voice channels appear similar to conventional. You need to match the control channel information with the voice channel information.

73 Eric

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
What do I monitor the control channel with.. dsd+ nor unitrunker display anything useful to allow me to find the voice channels

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

DSDPlus

DSD+ 1.074+ will display source and target IDs in the event log window when TIII group calls are active.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I would suggest you also search outside the pager blocks as some systems use a mix of frequencies.

A large Con+ system in the greater NYC area uses 451-453, 454, 461-465 as well as 470-520 UHF T Band. Another Tier III system in CT uses 454 pager & 461-465 frequencies.

chris

DSDPlus

This task can be made much easier if you can figure out where the site is and go to it. Voice channels are very easy to spot in a spectrum display (FMP, SDR#, etc.) when you are parked down the road from the site. If you remove the dongle antenna or reduce the RF gain to nothing, you will only see signals from that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.