Thousands of marijuana plants found in illegal grow at Pike National Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
They like to grow on government property because their own property does not get forfeited when they are caught. Many times they use illegal aliens to maintain their operations as well. Rarely are the owners/profiteers directly involved with the grow.

04Z1V6

Ok, a large amount of people made it legal to grow, purchase and use marijuana in this state, now I think it should be a very, very large penalty to illegally grow or transfer pot to other states so we do not burden those states with what we have created.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Ok, a large amount of people made it legal to grow, purchase and use marijuana in this state, now I think it should be a very, very large penalty to illegally grow or transfer pot to other states so we do not burden those states with what we have created.

There are already substantial penalties under the Federal Controlled Substances Act for this type of thing. But I agree with your sentiments, and I suspect this will not be lost on the Federal Prosecutors and Sentencing Judge. They could have applied for a Commercial License like a lot of other people, but they wanted the "easy" route...

Last edited:

lazierfan

Feed Provider
This is the second or third publicized grow farm in Pike National Forest. One media event had choppers and dump trucks transporting the evidence.
Also, booby traps and very dangerous buried spikes are found in this area, most notably the Rampart Range near Devil's Head, where recreational motor power is prevalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.