Pro 668 not receiving now

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMS911

Premium Subscriber
Just got this thing, was receiving well; used location based programming. Attempted to set up a separate playlist for the individual local channels (Pearland,TX).

Now not receiving anything. Not sure if I Bricked it or what...the display is not scrolling through the group type like it was before. Sure I missed something.

Any suggestions ? Start all over ?

And is there another programming software that can be used with this thing ?

madboma

Just got this thing, was receiving well; used location based programming. Attempted to set up a separate playlist for the individual local channels (Pearland,TX).

Now not receiving anything. Not sure if I Bricked it or what...the display is not scrolling through the group type like it was before. Sure I missed something

Any suggestions ? Start all over ?

And is there another programming software that can be used with this thing ?

You have to add playlists to a playset to scan. Select what playlists you created that you want to add in a playset (there are 20 playsets) Example being you can have your towns PD, FD in one playset and paramedics on another playset. You can add multiple playlists to a playset. Enable the playsets you want to scan and go to play.

Im sure somebody can explain it better. I did the same thing when I got mine. lol Took me a minute to figure it out.

marksmith

You only need one playset and it just needs to be checkmarked. It's already in the radio and assigns all 200 playlists.

You also need to have what you want to scan assigned to playlists, and have at least one of those playlists enabled (checked).

You add systems to a Playlist either in the software or using the radio itself.

No. There is no other software for programming this radio.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

EMS911

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your replies. Missing my ARC software !

I did get things back in playlists; still my P25 reception is poor/non existent. Trying to figure our what I may have checked/unchecked during the reprogram.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
Having this happen is why I save the config to file after every change I make. I have a ton of them, but they all work and I can restore the radio back to health in a minute or so. It makes life a lot less stressful.

EMS911

Premium Subscriber
Thanks ! Any preference on enabling/disabling AGC?
Getting mixed advice...Have it disabled now, seems to be receiving ok.

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
EMS 911

I was having the same problem kinda like yours not sure if you p25 is 800 or not but found out my problem was the stock antenna the p25 system I monitor is 800 so took the 800 antenna I bought off
my pro 106 and it is working like a champ

EMS911

Premium Subscriber
Some are 800, others 700. Just swapped to the antenna from my Pro 96, wouldn't pick up squat.

But sure there is an improvement from stock out there somewhere.

Actually, there are some spots in the house where it does well.

Thinking I Definitely need something external on the vehicle.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Changing the decode rate can help as well. Different systems have different rates I found out. I have mine which was picking up the statewide system quite well at 64 and 52 the default and recommended settings but it wouldn't pick up a simulcast system for anything.

Got frustrated and for the heck of it stuck in 100 for a rate and bingo, it works wonderfully on the simulcast 800 system and still does pretty darn good on the statewide.

You might give that a try.

I found the RS 800 works fantastically on everything even the VHF Hi statewide system out here. Also the Diamond 77ca does wonders too but its long.

EMS911

Premium Subscriber
I'm seeing some of the same issues. Will give that a try. Also have an external antenna on work vehicle, which I've tried without success. Rx better overall on the factory antenna. As much traffic as there is on these systems, combined with the shear number of talkgroups, I would think this thing should be receiving almost constantly.

Thanks

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I pick up one system from miles and miles away better with the 77ca and the scanner inside the vehicle than I do with it hooked up to an external mobile antenna. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.