nexedge

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailly2

listening to a trunked nexedge system programmed conventionally. very strong signal, 5 bars. no matter what i do its garbled. always get errors in dsd program. turned the signal strength on the discriminator tap up and down, turned the level on the line in on the compters sound card up and down. seems better with with signal strength turned down on both, still garbled though. thanks.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
A couple of questions, what Version of DSD are you running? Are you seeing anything on the Event screen indicating Encryption?

If the System is using some type of Encryption it may sound like it is garbled.

DSD decoding is very sensitive and can be affected by many things, RF noise, Input level to high/low, or signal strength.

I get my best results running the input level around 13.

Another problem may be RF noise which can be caused by any number of things. If this is the case you will usually see a high noise floor on your scanner by looking at the Signal indicator, this is best seen on a channel near in frequency to the one you are trying to listen too but without a RF carrier.

bailly2

dsdplus. no encryption. i get some rf noise from the desktop computer, not on every frequency. im able to receive p25 channels just fine.

RayAir

There is a setting for DSD+ where you can change it to NXDN decode only which apparently will give you a better decode.

The -fa setting I take it is a generic decode all mode.

I forget which setting is Nexedge only and there might be two settings. One for nexedge 4800 and one for 9600.

Maybe someone who is better with DSD+ can tell you exactly how to change it.

If you're using 1.073 or 1.074 it will tell you if it is scrambled. If they're using built in 15 bit scrambler the info will appear in the event log and will indicate SC (scrambler).

W2sjw Radio Sounds page has a sample of what NXDN 15 bit scramble sounds like.

My DSD+ set up seems to decode DMR the best.
P25 and NXDN are mostly cruddy.

bailly2

i did the -fn switch to only decode nexedge 4800. still have to listen closely because its garbled. not encrypted

racingfan360

bailly2......best if you capture some raw traffic (press the R key to start/stop when you hear voice traffic) and upload it somewhere like zippyshare for others to analyse.

The only other thing I can think of is that your receiver is not tuned to precisely the right frequency, as this offset would cause the problems you describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.