Broadcastify Raspberry PI Image Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've created a preconfigured installation image for the Raspberry Pi2 for broadcasting to Broadcastify:

It is also preinstalled with all the binaries and configuration files for these setup instructions as well:

The image includes the following precompiled applications

• rtl_fm and the rtl_sdr libraries (latest release
  • rtl_airband build for broadcastify (rtl_airband_bcfy)
  • ezstream
  • darkice with mp3 support
  • Kalibrate-RTL (kal) for determining a dongle's ppm using GSM channels

Enjoy!

Last edited:

LACoFD

Feed Provider
Multiple feed from same Pi and SDR-RTL

Lindsay,

Can you walk me through setting up 3-4 feeds using the same SDR-RTL with your RasPi image loaded on the Raspberry PI 2 b? I am setting up multiple devices at remote locations to get better coverage of LA County.

I also need it to auto load on boot.

I have read several threads and have tried several setting but have not been able to get multiple feeds working on same device.

Thanks for the help

Chance

Feed Provider
Thank you!

Lindsay,

Thank you so very much for putting together a fool-proof image. I gave up on the Pi 1 and never revisited it. Just got a Pi 2 and was eager to try it. It took less than 30 minutes from start to finish. I can finally retire that old PC and save on power.

Chance

N5JMC

I followed this wiki to get mine running.

I did this command but it doesn't load on boot. Any idea what might be wrong?

Enable the feed to start broadcasting at boot
sudo update-rc.d darkice1 defaults

btrogdon

Auto Starting...

The instructions are spot on as it concerns inserting the command to autostart the feed. I will try to help you if I can. What exactly is not working? Just the auto start?

-Brad

N5JMC

By auto start should the command window come up alone and run the start command automatically? It didn't when I had it still booting in command where I had to enter the username and pw. I changed the settings to boot to UI. Should it/can the feed still auto start that way too?

N5JMC

Never mind. I guess it does auto start just doesn't do anything visually. I rebooted my pi and left it alone. Checked my feed 20 seconds later and it's broadcasting.

kappajoe

I'll be doing this soon, good to get off the decade old server.

Is the RTL-SDR version intended to take the place of a conventional scanner?

Or asked a different way, at the bottom of the wiki for the RTL it mentions soundcard and scanner. What is the difference between the two Pi setups if the soundcard is used on the RTL setup?

Joe

Lindsay,

Can you walk me through setting up 3-4 feeds using the same SDR-RTL with your RasPi image loaded on the Raspberry PI 2 b? I am setting up multiple devices at remote locations to get better coverage of LA County.

I also need it to auto load on boot.

I have read several threads and have tried several setting but have not been able to get multiple feeds working on same device.

Thanks for the help

Did you ever get the multiple feed going?

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Can anyone recommend a place to purchase a kit (board, power supply, SD card, case) that accepts Paypal. Amazon does not accept Paypal.

kappajoe

Hello out there,

I have had my Pi running for a couple weeks. I just powered the unit down and back up and I cannot seem to get the auto start to fire up. I can't get it to fire up even from a command line.

Nothing had changed on it and i have gone back on the unit and compared it down from the config above and elsewhere on the forum and all looks well.

Anyone have any advice for service start issues? The only thing I have found on the forum is the Comcast proxy issue and this above of waiting. Any other issues folks have seen with even getting it to start via command line?

Thank you,

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.