TRWC System Mapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

caphab1

Hey all!

So as promised in my other thread regarding the RWC system, I stated I would make one for the TRWC.

TRWC Map

These addresses comes from the RRDB and the FCC ULS and out and about research techniques suggested by Phoenix 805. Research also shows that the Shaw Butte Peak out of operation. The Thomson New site although has the same GPS Coordinates as the old.

As always any research or data is more thankfully welcomed to be shared to make the map more efficient for all. Enjoy!

Preston

tipster67

Thanks for the Map. It was most helpful to me by pointing out why I can not get this system. Too many mountains between me and those sites. Thanks again and nice work.

caphab1

Thank you one and all!!

I am although intrigued why there are a lot of gaps for the City of Gilbert area. I have a feeling that I may have missed a couple antenna sites.

-Preston

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for doing the work on this!! It does make me wonder with those sites why I can receive the system 107th Ave & Olive in my vehicle just using a 1/4 whip. Guess that is no rime or reason to bouncing radio waves.

caphab1

Thanks for doing the work on this!! It does make me wonder with those sites why I can receive the system 107th Ave & Olive in my vehicle just using a 1/4 whip. Guess that is no rime or reason to bouncing radio waves.

That is curious but I will tell you I had a military system in a different state, which I could hear loud n clear 30 minutes from the closest site.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
It does make me wonder with those sites why I can receive the system 107th Ave & Olive in my vehicle just using a 1/4 whip.

Are you sure you are not receiving the Shaw Butte site? You are well within range of that site, but it does not carry all of the talkgroups. I would be shocked if you could receive the simulcast site from there.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Research also shows that the Shaw Butte Peak out of operation.

Shaw Butte was showing active on Tuesday as a neighbor of the Simulcast site. I'll confirm freqs this weekend. They are making changes to the Simulcast site, so maybe they are making changes to this site too.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure you are not receiving the Shaw Butte site? You are well within range of that site, but it does not carry all of the talkgroups. I would be shocked if you could receive the simulcast site from there.

I'm not sure. I only have the fire TGs in the radio so I guess it depends if that are carried on Shaw Butte.

radiomanNJ1

There is one problem. What does TRWC mean? Not everyone knows the acronyms for systems and someone might be traveling to the area.
Think as if you were the visitor when entering data in the data base.

Lwolf1313

can't receive site

Could be the dreaded multicast interference most of us have to deal with. If your within about a mile of the site, no problem. Any farther and your scanner is getting the same multiple transmissions and you here no audio. It may show the talk group on the display but no audio.

BM82557

Hey all!

So as promised in my other thread regarding the RWC system, I stated I would make one for the TRWC.

TRWC Map

These addresses comes from the RRDB and the FCC ULS and out and about research techniques suggested by Phoenix 805. Research also shows that the Shaw Butte Peak out of operation. The Thomson New site although has the same GPS Coordinates as the old.

As always any research or data is more thankfully welcomed to be shared to make the map more efficient for all. Enjoy!

Preston

The maps of the TRWC and RWC will be helpful the next time I'm in the valley. Thanks for putting them together. Have you considered placing links to them in the wiki entry? - Phoenix Area Trunked Radio System Quick Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.