Rutgers New Brunswick PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansky

Does RUPD for the New Brunswick campuses still use their conventional frequencies, or has everything been fully migrated over to NJICS and encrypted?

SCPD

QRT
PSIC

I think you already know the answer to that one.
Yes and yes they are encrypted on the hard to hear 700mz PSIC.
They are in the clear sometimes but its so annoying,I wouldnt even bother....

GM

Premium Subscriber
Rutgers are no longer on their VHF nor UHF conventional frequencies. However, the repeaters are still active if someone keys up the mic on the input freqs.

ansky

Ok thanks. Last week I heard what sounded like open carriers on some of their UHF channels so I wasn't sure if they were still being used at all.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks. Last week I heard what sounded like open carriers on some of their UHF channels so I wasn't sure if they were still being used at all.

Rutgers uses that for special events or emergencies where as they need interop. During the class graduation back in May, Rutgers was utilizing Police Mutual Aid 1 on the EDACS ProVoice system too. So they do use that from time to time for traffic.

AC2OY

Well that explains why I don't hear them anymore but a ton of wild cards are popping up encrypted some stuff I hear garbled but usually I get the busy signal and look down and see the "E" flashing and get sad. One day I should write down all the talk groups or radio Id's and see what I can or can't actually hear.

SCPD

QRT
radio reference

Well that explains why I don't hear them anymore but a ton of wild cards are popping up encrypted some stuff I hear garbled but usually I get the busy signal and look down and see the "E" flashing and get sad. One day I should write down all the talk groups or radio Id's and see what I can or can't actually hear.

You dont have to its in the radio reference database.

Status
Not open for further replies.