• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Windows 10 and MOTOTRBO Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
I recently installed Windows 10 (an upgrade from 7), and cannot get my XPR6550 radio recognized by the CPS. When I attempt to read/write the radio in the CPS, I get error 1687 (unable to detect applicable device). The radio seems to be recognized by Windows (Device Manager says the device is working properly). I have tried installing various drivers, and have reinstalled the CPS, but nothing has worked so far.

I'm using an old CPS (6.5), but that hasn't been a problem before. I'm also using a genuine Motorola cable. The radio communicated fine under Windows 7.

Any suggestions appreciated - thanks.

Dave

chrislebiedz

Premium Subscriber
I'm not 100% sure but, could it be the windows driver signature thingy. Remember how ya used to boot with F8 and turn off the force driver signature thing? Well, I think since win 8.1. Windows only allows drivers that have been signed.

So, ya have to go into settings and turn it off. I think it's settings>update&recovery>recovery>advanced startup> then reboot and choose the turn off driver signature thingy ma do whooper there. load the driver then reboot the driver signature thingy turns back on after ya reboot.

I know I have to do that to get an older flatbed scanner going. Because the drivers are not digitally signed.

dtscho

Database Admin
Thanks for the reply, but I don't think I'm trying to install an unsigned driver. The MOTOTRBO drivers that I have on the install disk are signed.

Dave

dtscho

Database Admin
I tried restarting in unsigned driver mode, and it didn't make any difference. After trying to get the drivers installed a few other ways, I gave up and reverted to Windows 7. It could be that the old firmware in the radio isn't playing well with Windows 10. Anyway, everything's working again now.

Dave

kroorda

I have had the same results with drivers for a number of my devices (MotoTRBO, digital camera, phone, etc). I also reverted back to Win7 and all is well.

kroorda

Where is it showing up in device manager?

Com Ports or Network Devices?
In Windows 7, or Windows 10?

In Windows 7 & 8.1, if you go to Device Manager, then go down the list to 'Universal Serial Bus Devices' it will be listed there. Note that it will NOT be listed until: MotoTRBO is running, the radio is turned ON, and the radio is connected to the computer.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
In Windows 7, or Windows 10?

In Windows 7 & 8.1, if you go to Device Manager, then go down the list to 'Universal Serial Bus Devices' it will be listed there. Note that it will NOT be listed until: MotoTRBO is running, the radio is turned ON, and the radio is connected to the computer.

XPR radios are setup as network devices.

CPS looks for a network device not a com device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jim202

I haven't found anyone that is happy with Windows 10 and trying to run radio software with it. Is this the first sign that there might just be another version of VISTA, but with a different name???

Microsoft has all sorts of tracking software embedded into Windows 10 to track what and where your doing things. Personally I planted my feet with Windows XP and have refused to go forward. It is stable and the radio software plays well with it.

But the hype is to get the biggest, latest and greatest. So the issues with the radio software are going to hit everyone that has upgraded to Windows 10.

emt587

Premium Subscriber
I had the same issue with my windows 10 machine. you need to go to the device manager with the cable plugged in and see if you see it. if you do then, just update the driver via online. worked for me twice sofar.

emt587

Premium Subscriber
Windows 10 is not so bad its better than 8 in my opinion. not as good as 7, but again I remember the Dos based rss which seemed the most stable but again just my opinion

w9wy

12.1 cps and Win 10

Had v 11.X of the CPS software running great on desktop and laptop. Upgraded both to 12.1. Desktop works great, laptop does not see radio. Tried calling /\/\otorola and was told they have no idea as they do not support Win 10. What does one do when one has to purchase a new laptop!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.