DTRS Site 167 (DTB test)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

I heard from someone that the "DTB test" site 1-067 (T0143) is active today.

I don't know where though.

Someone might see it as a neighbor on one of the other sites or (even better) might receive it on the CC frequency of 85207625 (00-0281).

It may be a mobile test bed for site surveys for new site locations or something.

If anyone hears it near them, then that would be very interesting.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Past discussions for those interested:
http://forums.radioreference.com/colorado-radio-discussion-forum/200637-new-metro-dtrs-site.html
http://forums.radioreference.com/colorado-radio-discussion-forum/236433-site-167-a.html
http://forums.radioreference.com/co...on-forum/266043-dtrs-chevron-site-failed.html

I'm fairly sure it's just stationary at DTB for radio testing. The simulated coverage pattern is not all that impressive.

x0U43fP.png

Last edited:

dw2872

Now I am thinking more and more that it IS mobile.

Normally it is a neighbor to DTB (site 120) but it has been a Chevron neighbor in the past.

Additionally it was use for the DNC back in 2008. With the not so impressive coverage pattern plot you have Andrew, it seems doubtful that it would have covered downtown Denver. But as a mobile? More likely. So back to my original question. Anyone catching the signal today or see it as a neighbor?

For the people that like to quote past threads and post links to them... here you go.

That's the same site number they used for the DNC when it was in-town Aug 2008.

Jim<

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

Additionally it was use for the DNC back in 2008. With the not so impressive coverage pattern plot you have Andrew, it seems doubtful that it would have covered downtown Denver. But as a mobile? More likely.

Well the state went and got a couple of SOW since then, which are licensed as temporary/mobile repeater systems. I think that the disappearance of Site 167 for 3 years indicates that they may not be related, especially since Site 167 has been seen fairly consistently since 2011.

The State applied for the modification to add DTB Test under WPXH324 on 12/29/2010 as a fixed repeater with extremely low power for the following frequencies:

851.3250 MHz
852.7625 MHz
853.7375 MHz

With that, the site was seen for the first time on 1/08/2011. The input frequencies for the corresponding frequencies above are only licensed for use 1 km around DTB. I would think the State would be in major violation of their license as it would be very easy for anyone else to prove that the state is operating outside of what they're licensed to.

Then again, it wouldn't be the first time that a government entity were breaking the rules...

Spitfire8520

Makes sense to me. Thanks for the info!

Chuck actually mentioned what I said the first time the site was being discussed in 2011, I basically just reiterated it. DTB Test is one of the sites I want to log directly with Pro96Com to verify its existence, but I never got motivated enough to go there and park nearby to try to decode the CC.

Looks like this is some sort of a special or test setup at the
State Denver Transmitter Building (DTB) 4201 S. Arkansas. Denver

They have a pending modification to the DTB license to include the following 3 frequencies:
These are additions to the existing license, but are listed as being only 10 watts ERP
The attachments to the license for short spacing use of two of those frequencies list them as only 5 watts ERP. The antenna for those 3 frequencies is listed as only being 4 meters in elevation, and 3 dbd of gain.

(the other frequencies that are part of Site 120 are 158 watts ERP, 39 Meters in Elevation and 9 dbd of gain.)

The mobile use is listed as a one mile radius of the DTB.

One of the attachments labels the site as "167 - DTB Test"

What ever the purpose of this system is (probably an in building system) it's very low power and you'll probably have to be on a nearby street or in the parking lot to hear it. Given the limited number of voice channels - 2, the users are probably going to be a pretty small group, and their TG would probably need to be blocked from the 120 site. (or it's purpose could be to test some other new functionality in the system). That address is the CDOT building, and the state Denver radio shop.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.