Mb Rcmp livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in Manitoba that can please put up a RCMP live stream for everyone to listen to would be awesome so us Manitobans have law enforcement to listen to. I would personally set up a live stream my self but can't currently afford a scanner :(

Mars_P25

Paid RR Supporter
Banned
Manitoba RCMP are completely encrypted thanks in-part to people streaming their communications'.

Streams aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Not living in Manitoba, I'm not certain what digital, and encryption is being used. Most RCMP are going to encryption which makes it illegal to decrypt even if it were possible to do this. Generally, to broadcast any over the air conversations requires the authorization of the department concerned. We are allowed to listen to non encrypted radio transmissions, provided the details are not released to anyone else. So a lot of departments will not allow broadcasting of their radio transmissions. But there are a number of articles about why departments are going encrypted and they mostly point to the fact that they are broadcast over the internet, or people listening in on them, do not keep the details to themselves. So the best bet would be to save for a digital scanner. And soon if you want to here radio transmissions in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.