Mesa PD???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfatony

Premium Subscriber
Have not picked up any transmissions from Mesa PD this morning! Been monitoring for the past couple hours. Nothing on my Pro-668 or Homepatrol-1. Anyone know what might be going on?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
It looks like they changed frequencies due to 800mhz rebanding requirements. Current control channel for the Mesa Simulcast is on 852.750.

Alternate control channels are showing as 852.825, 853.275, and 853.350. I'll try to get some more info today and update the DB.

Last edited:

Cyberider

Thanks for updating the information for the Mesa Simulcast. I don't have much luck receiving this system very well but I sure wouldn't have been able to on the old frequencies.

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
I heard them switch

Last night at about 1 am I heard dispatch tell them to switch to williiam channel.They switched and that was it,

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Now you have me interested in this “William channel” that you heard. It is one of those rarely used channels that we might never find unless they take another maintenance outage, or there is a failure. I’m wondering if they have a “W Deck” that has conventional backup frequencies, or maybe wide area talk groups that are hosted on the Shaw Peak and Thompson Peak sites.

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
I see the updates have been made to the database. How long does it take for the Uniden software to read that update? I updated the master HP database within sentinel just now, and its not reflecting the Mesa Simulcast changes. Odd.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Uniden does imports of the RR database on Mondays. It will not update in the Uniden scanners until then unless you manually change the freqs.

Last edited:

caphab1

Now you have me interested in this “William channel” that you heard. It is one of those rarely used channels that we might never find unless they take another maintenance outage, or there is a failure. I’m wondering if they have a “W Deck” that has conventional backup frequencies, or maybe wide area talk groups that are hosted on the Shaw Peak and Thompson Peak sites.

Maybe they went to their Backup system while they update??

sfatony

Premium Subscriber
I manually entered the new frequencies on my scanners and is now receiving transmissions.

InlandAZ

Probably a bit off topic, but...

Does anyone know if Mesa PD and FD use the same site? Or does each agency use a specific site, similar to Phoenix prior to it's latest change? The only reason I ask is that I hear Mesa FD quite frequently on the "new" Thompson Peak Site, and rarely, if at all, hear MPD.

The CC's from all other sites barely register at all on my Pro-106/197 -

Lwolf1313

Mesa, Gilbert, A.J. PD

Right after a dust storm they all disappeared. Thought the wind moved my corner reflector, but it was still pointed in the right direction. Put in the new freqs and it was like magic hearing them again....

Lwolf1313

mesa pd freq change

Is anyone having the same problem I am having? Ever since the the freq. change it's really hard to tune Mesa, Gilbert and AJ in clearly?? Been up on the roof turning the corner reflector trying to tune them in clearly with no luck???

Lwolf1313

Germann & Greenfield TRWC site down?

Does anyone know if this site is down since the freq. change? That would explain why the live feed is down and why I can't here the three cities clearly. I haven't driven by there with the handheld to test it.

caphab1

Does anyone know if this site is down since the freq. change? That would explain why the live feed is down and why I can't here the three cities clearly. I haven't driven by there with the handheld to test it.

Yes Lwolf, The channels for the Mesa site did change, and im gathering whats happening is they're updating each site one by one! You'll have to update them in your scanner(s)

That site was operational Aug 19th as I was out that way and took a picture of it.

Preston

Status
Not open for further replies.