2 repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

bduk

Hi guys.

Can i have two vhf repeaters with the same tx and rx frequencies in an area. These repeaters will be about 15 km from eachother and will receive each other.

My reason to have a setup like this is because i have users on one side of a mountain with poor reception.

Thanks

Barry

n4yek

They would interfere with each other, it would be better to have two repeaters on different frequencies that are linked to each others.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Or, do a simulcast system. It'll allow two transmitters on the same frequency with overlapping coverage. Both receivers could be put into a voting setup.

Won't be cheap or easy.

wb6uqa

They should have different tones. They should have reverse tons. If a mobile transmits a tone it should let that repeater transmit while stopping the other one.

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
They should have different tones. They should have reverse tons. If a mobile transmits a tone it should let that repeater transmit while stopping the other one.

Amen. Many places do this, but make the user manually select which repeater they are talking into. The same downlink and uplink frequencies can be used for both with only the CTCSS or DCS different on the repeater uplink frequency. The downlink protocols from both repeaters should be the same so a mobile user can hear either one.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Would the repeaters be on opposite sides of the mountain, to where they would not be within sight of each other? If so, then linking them would work.

Otherwise, link them, and have the repeaters operate on different frequencies.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.