WS1095: How to Record a Scanlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopperD

Premium Subscriber
The manual is not that clear on how to record a Scanlist. It seems that there are a lot of steps to start recording anything unless I'm missing something.

I do have record enabled in the settings but instead of having to select each object, how to I select a scanlist for instant recording?

Ed6698

Highlight the entire scanlist and tick the rec button in one of the entries on the Scanlist Information page, that will enable record for the entire scanlist.

Press the top of scanlist to highlight it, scroll down to bottom of scanlist and while pressing Shift click the last entry of scanlist, that will highlight the entire scanlist.

Last edited:

HopperD

Premium Subscriber
Thanks very much for your answer but this I was already aware of. I was looking for a shortcut within the radio instead of having to use the software. Maybe there isn't one but I am interested to hear how others have their recording options setup.

In my BCD436 I just have to press a few buttons to activate recording on an object. Maybe this isn't possible with the 1095.

Highlight the entire scanlist and tick the rec button in one of the entries on the Scanlist Information page, that will enable record for the entire scanlist.

Press the top of scanlist to highlight it, scroll down to bottom of scanlist and while pressing Shift click the last entry of scanlist, that will highlight the entire scanlist.

troymail

Silent Key
Thanks very much for your answer but this I was already aware of. I was looking for a shortcut within the radio instead of having to use the software. Maybe there isn't one but I am interested to hear how others have their recording options setup.

In my BCD436 I just have to press a few buttons to activate recording on an object. Maybe this isn't possible with the 1095.

Different beasts --

The GRE/Whistlers give you selective recording choices for objects/talkgroups/channels.

The Uniden gives you all or nothing recording.

One may be a bit more tedious than the other but tedious equates to more flexibility.

If not using EZ Scan/iScan with GRE/Whistler, you have to adjust the record setting for each object/channel (on or off) one at a time. Once that is done, you also have a global option to enable/disable recording of all of those talkgroups/channels/objects you have enabled for recording.

wa3pnt

This is not true.

The UNIDEN (at least the BCD996P2 that I have) only records the items for which I have enabled the Record option.

Also, the record audio is output on a separate "Record" 1/8" Stereo jack, to which I attach a recorder (in my case the SONY ICD-PX333)

RodeoGeorge

troymail

Silent Key

This is not true.

The UNIDEN (at least the BCD996P2 that I have) only records the items for which I have enabled the Record option.

Also, the record audio is output on a separate "Record" 1/8" Stereo jack, to which I attach a recorder (in my case the SONY ICD-PX333)

RodeoGeorge

The user specified he was using a 436... so what I said was true. The x36 radios do not have selective recording.

Also, when looking at and responding to these situations, I don't consider "external" recording devices when discussing recording - particularly for a portable/handheld radio like the 436.

SCPD

QRT
My solution .. automatically set the record to on in the software for ALL my items in the scanner. That way you know that everything will be recorded.

Because the 1095 uses AU files, and not WAV files as in the 436, they are much smaller and are still of very good audio quality.

So .. there is no need to toggle record on and off as in the 436. Much much more versatile.

You can turn on/off record for items in the scanner but you have to do them individually. That is exactly why you want to use the software.

Of course .. as the OP requested, you can toggle the record on / off in the software for a scanlist in just a few mouse clicks.

troymail

Silent Key
My solution .. automatically set the record to on in the software for ALL my items in the scanner. That way you know that everything will be recorded.

This is the same thing I do ... mostly (but all the time), I do it to find new TGs. That is - create a Wildcard and set it to record.

This is where the Uniden fails in it's all or nothing recording.

Actually, we need both....

SCPD

QRT
The nice thing about the Whistler units .. you never have to remember to turn it on. :wink::wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.