DMR Ham NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA2ZEY

Does it seem like the local DMR repeaters in NYC are no longer linked to NA and WW? Maybe my radio isn't programmed correctly. I've had QSO's on Tri-State (2) but thats' it.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
If you're talking about the K2MAK repeater, NA and WW are PTT activated.

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
True, but K2MAK isn't on the Bronx Trbo C-bridge. He is on Bob's KC2CWT.

I stand corrected. Looking at the page I suggested, I see that machine is not there. I thought it was at one time, but perhaps I was wrong.

The Bronx TRBO sites are confusing as they seem to change, and not all of the machines are configured the same way. Some have North America full time and others have the Bronx TRBO talk group full time. Some offer Tri-State and some don't. All according to the site I recommended.

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
What does this mean exactly? Is there no talk group used?

I cannot tell looking at this site, https://www.n2jti.net/repeaters.html how that machine is configured. It is possible that there are no talk groups set to be full time, rather, they are all PTT.

That would mean that you won't hear anything there until you kerchunk the machine with a particular talk group. Presumably, it would stay connected to that talk group for some amount of time, perhaps 5 minutes. It's hard to tell from that site. Maybe there is another with more info.

emt587

Premium Subscriber
Newest DMR Brand Meister Repeater to go Operational soon

The Newest and only Local BrandMeister Repeater within the Lower Hudson Valley is slated to go Fully Operational on or before 10/31/16.

Please Note The Following Information.

Call: KB2LFH

Color Code :3

RX: 446.56250

TX : 441.56250

The Repeater will be on the Brandmeister Network with all the BM Talk Groups Available

The Repeater is Owned and Operated by an sole Amateur Radio Operator and is not a Club owned machine it is being put into service because a need was felt to have a Brandmeister Networked Machine in the area that is currently the only Known Brandmeister Repeater in the Area.
and is intended to be used by ALL Amateur Radio Operators intererested in DMR without having to deal with Politics and Harrasment. that maybe found on other networks.

OUR POLICY is THAT ALL ARE WELCOME Without any Harrasmentand or Politics.

Please LOOK for OUR Great Repeater to be on the AIR around 10/31/16

Status
Not open for further replies.