167.5625, NAC310, FBI Milwaukee/Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
I'm curious if anyone else has seen the FBI use NAC 310, as opposed to the normal 167?

For the past several weeks I've been catching in-the-clear transmissions from my location on the south side of Milwaukee County. The transmissions are very strong, probably a repeater, but it's difficult to tell if it's originating from Milwaukee or Chicago because I can pick up both areas.

The transmissions don't seem to be investigative in nature, more administrative. Encryption is rarely used which is not normal for the FBI. I monitor all of the common FBI channels in the area and haven't caught unencrypted traffic in the area, outside of this, for a long time.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
I'm curious if anyone else has seen the FBI use NAC 310, as opposed to the normal 167?

For the past several weeks I've been catching in-the-clear transmissions from my location on the south side of Milwaukee County. The transmissions are very strong, probably a repeater, but it's difficult to tell if it's originating from Milwaukee or Chicago because I can pick up both areas.

The transmissions don't seem to be investigative in nature, more administrative. Encryption is rarely used which is not normal for the FBI. I monitor all of the common FBI channels in the area and haven't caught unencrypted traffic in the area, outside of this, for a long time.

The FBI in my region (NW FL and S Alabama) use N167, N330, and N001. I believe that 167.5625 has been in every FBI radio since the 80's: FBI Frequencies and Database Listings - The RadioReference Wiki

If it isn't encrypted and sounds like administration traffic, they could be using it for logistics support for a operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.