UniTrunker / "Sampling Wave Input"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Greetings...

Ok, I am stumped yet again. I had an older version of UT working on my laptop and accidentally deleted it while getting a new version (1.0.33.3). I am using a older analog scanner with Discriminator Tap/Output. I have it setup as (Type: Signal / Model: Discriminator). I can only get UT to run in the "Sampling Wave Input." status. Which of course erases any information once you close the program.

Also, I can't seem to get it starting to decode by hitting the "Start" button in any other mode. What am I missing...

Tim

SCPD

QRT
Release 33 is currently in preview. That said ...

I can only get UT to run in the "Sampling Wave Input." status. Which of course erases any information once you close the program.
When you exit and restart the program, is the receiver still there on the receivers tab?

Tim

Yes...and is running right away.

I noticed last night under the VCO settings that the 'log' checkbox wasn't checked. I know in the main window for settings I had log checked. But I can verify this when I get home.

is there a setting with this "sampling wave file" thing that shows up in the status window? Maybe I inadvertently clicked it or something

Tim

SCPD

QRT
Hi Tim;

With the receiver window set to run, do you see an animated waveform on the Scope tab?

I do not understand this statement:
Which of course erases any information once you close the program.

Is the tapped receiver tuned to an active control channel?

If so, what system are you monitoring?

Tim

Sorry about that...it was a long day and I didn't proof read that last message like I usually do.

I dont recall seeing that "sample wave" thing before so I thought it meant it was just a sampling a system to adjust the settings and doesn't save. I know it doesn't make much sense at the moment but at the time it did....lol

I guess I had forgotten that you have to set each system to log. Anyways...everything appears to be working now. Although since I have your attention, would there be any reason that UT wouldn't track Vhf p25 control channel as well as say an 800mhz p25 control channel? Our statewide p25 system has both vhf and 800 control channels. It seems like I can always decode the 800mhz, but 50/50 on the vhf side. The site in particular comes in 4 bars...so reception isn't a problem.

Sorry I'm long winded, but your program is awesome!!!

Tim

SCPD

QRT
There is a long-standing bug in Unitrunker where it under-reports the decode rate for some P25 VHF/UHF systems. If you see a solid 67%, it is actually 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.