BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Can't write opening screen message

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemun

Feed Provider
For the scanners I sell I write the owner's name and programming date on the opening message screen. Took a new 996p2 out of the box and it will not let me change the opening message screen. I'm using ARC-XT. First time this has happened. Any thoughts??

wa3pnt

I believe that's the case with the 996P2.

I use FreeScan, and that same situation exists.

I do not know if anyone is trying to resolve the issue, or if it's a 996P2 Firmware issue.

RodeoGeorge

Theo

Premium Subscriber
I believe that's the case with the 996P2.

I use FreeScan, and that same situation exists.

I do not know if anyone is trying to resolve the issue, or if it's a 996P2 Firmware issue.

RodeoGeorge
I told Butel months ago about this problem he said he will fix it on the next update. Still waiting!!

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I believe it's a Uniden problem and not Butel as Freescan won't write it either.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We had an update staged for release that included a fix for the opening message bug, but found that we needed to update the BC_VUP updater to support Windows 10 (Serial mode bug in .NET 2.0, so we had to recompile and test for .NET 4.0, which has delayed that f/w release by a few weeks). I hope to be able to release it next week, depending on final testing.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
We had an update staged for release that included a fix for the opening message bug, but found that we needed to update the BC_VUP updater to support Windows 10 (Serial mode bug in .NET 2.0, so we had to recompile and test for .NET 4.0, which has delayed that f/w release by a few weeks). I hope to be able to release it next week, depending on final testing.

Thanks for the update.

firemun

Feed Provider

Thanks Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.