Pro-652: Please help with my pro 652

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
I have a Radio Shack Pro 652 that let's the control channel noise through and it gets on my nerves. The system is a Motorola type 2 Smart Zone Apco P25. Can someone tell me what to do in the settings to eliminate that noise? It did that on my Uniden scanners to just not as bad as the Pro 652. Here is a video of the noise https://youtu.be/KueRubgmZoE thanks in advance for the help.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
That scanner wont pick up phase 2

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
I know it will not pick up phase 2 the system is phase 1 with a mixture of analog.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Redneck0410

Which site do you have programmed in? Since three sites there all carry the same traffic, you may have to change the site you're monitoring. Also, if I remember correctly, with a mixed system such as that it needs to be programmed as P25 Auto and the scanner should figure out the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marksmith

Wow. I have a 652 and have not run into that problem, and daily monitor 3 different Motorola type 2 with P25 common air interface for digital voice. Two of them run completely digital and the third is mixed digital with a lot of analog as well.

I can't remember in the settings if there is an analog/digital/all selection like on uniden radios. If so, setting the digital stuff to digital instead of a default "all" always helped on uniden radios.

Not sure what else to try.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

R

retiredmich

Are you sure it's not the Departments transmitting traffic ? I get that once in a while, NOT to often.

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
Which site do you have programmed in? Since three sites there all carry the same traffic, you may have to change the site you're monitoring. Also, if I remember correctly, with a mixed system such as that it needs to be programmed as P25 Auto and the scanner should figure out the rest.

I am monitoring all the sites because they carry different radio traffic from what I was told.

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber

I also changed the system type to P25 auto now I am not getting anything now.

Redneck0410

Okay, then Motorola 800 would work. I don't have a similar system here to test so I was grasping at straws.

marksmith

Motorola 800mz is definitely the right system type. Have you tried just monitoring one site? I am not familiar with the system, but if all 3 sites are carrying the same traffic, having them all set up probably won't help. I can't see it causing the problem in the video however. I have never seen that before. Is it a new radio? Can you exchange it?

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.