Highland Park FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansky

Does anyone know if Highland Park FD uses the EMS frequency at all (453.85)? I was listening tonight for the first time in a long time and I heard a reference to "Station 37" which is the fire station in town. Or do they still use the old low-band 33.82 for dispatch and operations? Does anyone use the old PD (460.425) frequency anymore?

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
I know for a fact highland park PD operates on the counties EDACS system in ProVoice digital full-time. They are unencrypted. As for the FD. I never heard anything on the PV system pertaining to their FD and EMS.

TAMR213

Yes, HPVFD (as well as HPFAS) is dispatched and operates on 453.850. I am not sure if they tone out on 33.82 any longer.

There are no "regular" users of 460.425 anymore, but units still have access to the frequency. For example, at a fire scene a few months ago the IC had all interior units use 460.425 as fireground due to the amount of radio traffic.

As you most likely know the Police operate on the County ProVoice system. DPW has largely switched to cell phones.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
When and if the new 700mhz system in P25 Phase 2 mode goes on full time. I can only imagine the PD will follow along with that even though I have been told by a few people that the current EDACS system will remain online until the license expires which isn't for quite a few years from now. So some deptments may stay a lot longer even though migration is happening. Highland Park may do the same. Even though when they key their mics there's a loud chirp which is annoying...

ansky

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to submit a database update to include Fire Operations in the description, and it no longer makes sense to have 453.85 tagged as a Public Works frequency.

GM

Premium Subscriber
The 453.8500 PL 114.8 freq is used by the Fire Dept, EMS, and Public Works Dept. as Primary Operations. Most of the DPW have switched over to Cellular use, however they still have access to the radios when needed. The 460.4250 PL 114.8 freq. is the Police back-up, should the County EDACS TRS go down, as it did during Hurricane Sandy. There were plans in the past to have the EMS exclusively on the 453 freq and the Fire Dept switch over to 460 freq, however that never came to fruitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.