Denver PD stolen police car, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Search underway for man who stole police car

DENVER - There is a search underway for a man who police say stole an unmarked police car after a hit-and-run crash Friday afternoon.

"I saw the guy get out of the car and I heard a lady say hey where are you going and then he started running," said witness Anna Rodriguez.

Jim<

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
This was a crazy call, Air-1 was helping.The vehicle was fairly quickly recovered, and they had a perimeter setup around an apartment complex; I think they may have already got their man, the last I heard they were gonna do a show-up.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
This was a crazy call, Air-1 was helping.The vehicle was fairly quickly recovered, and they had a perimeter setup around an apartment complex; I think they may have already got their man, the last I heard they were gonna do a show-up.

Air 1 was not up for the pursuit Nate.

You may have been hearing the stolen bank bag call on Dist 5 that was tracked to a motel 6th & I-225 in Aurora, Air 1 was all over that incident.

Jim<

ScannerSK

Air 1 was not up for the pursuit Nate.

You may have been hearing the stolen bank bag call on Dist 5 that was tracked to a motel 6th & I-225 in Aurora, Air 1 was all over that incident.

Jim<

Jim,

Do you recall the time on Friday the activity was occurring with regards to the stolen bank bag? I have not seen any vehicles equipped to track bank bags in the Denver area (often a triangle array of antennas). Are you thinking some type of GPS tracking device was used?

Shawn

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Jim,

Do you recall the time on Friday the activity was occurring with regards to the stolen bank bag? I have not seen any vehicles equipped to track bank bags in the Denver area (often a triangle array of antennas). Are you thinking some type of GPS tracking device was used?

Shawn

Yes and I believe some of the Safe Streets units are.

We were discussing it lots on the Zello channel also as it happened.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.