• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorla HT750 Programing issue- Com port

Status
Not open for further replies.

WQOQ867

Premium Subscriber
First off I bought legit Motorola Software from Motorola directly.

I am trying to program some HT750 and HT1250 radios. I can not get the cable to talk to the radio. I have other legit licesnsed versions of CPS on the same computer that work fine thru the same com port without issue.

Any ideas what could be going on?

They are all kawamall cables.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
First off I bought legit Motorola Software from Motorola directly.

I am trying to program some HT750 and HT1250 radios. I can not get the cable to talk to the radio. I have other legit licesnsed versions of CPS on the same computer that work fine thru the same com port without issue.

Any ideas what could be going on?

They are all kawamall cables.
How about some specifics instead of vague generalities? It's a lot easier to help folks when they provide facts.

CPS Part number and version?

Cable type? USB? Serial Ribless? Rib and cable?

Computer - windows version and 32 or 64 bit?

If you search back through this sub forum, you'll find a number of threads, all with the same problem for the Professional Series of radios. No matter which radio the thread is about, it's all the same family and the answers are the same.

Search tags: The Professional or Waris Series of radios includes:

HT750 HT1250 HT1550 EX500 EX600 EX560 EX650 PR860
CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550 HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

It may be helpful to search using wildcards.
If someone asks a question about one model,
the answer usually pertains to most, if not all.
They are all programmed with HVN9025 CPS.

ten13

Premium Subscriber
Is that serial ribless a Motorola cable?

I had the same problem with two CDMs, and tried everything, from buying different after-market cables, buying a different laptop with a different OS, different configurations of cables and connections, and nothing worked. And this all started after YEARS of programming the same radios with the same equipment, including the after-market stuff. One day, it just stopped.

It was all corrected after a bought a Motorola ribless Motorola cable, similar to this one...

Motorola Ribless Programming Flash Cable AARKN4081B CDM GM MCX Pro New | eBay

WQOQ867

Premium Subscriber
Is that serial ribless a Motorola cable?

I had the same problem with two CDMs, and tried everything, from buying different after-market cables, buying a different laptop with a different OS, different configurations of cables and connections, and nothing worked. And this all started after YEARS of programming the same radios with the same equipment, including the after-market stuff. One day, it just stopped.

It was all corrected after a bought a Motorola ribless Motorola cable, similar to this one...

Motorola Ribless Programming Flash Cable AARKN4081B CDM GM MCX Pro New | eBay

No its a kawamall cable

Nasby

Since you have had proven results in the past with the same setup, it could be the radio.

Perhaps dirty contacts or a bad contact pad on the radio itself.

Also, double check your com port settings.

WQOQ867

Premium Subscriber
Since you have had proven results in the past with the same setup, it could be the radio.

Perhaps dirty contacts or a bad contact pad on the radio itself.

Also, double check your com port settings.

I have others versions of cps for XTS radios and the cp200s. This is a new set of software.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
CPS R06.12.08

Cable is a Serial Ribless

Computer is Windows XP 64 Bit
If your computer does not have a real serial port, you need to be using a USB to serial adapter that uses the Prolific chip set. And you need the proper driver. There are a number of threads about this here in the Motorola subforum if you need more info on that.

Then, your computer has to be using the right port. Do these steps in this sequence (serial or USB cable, doesn't matter):

1. PC booted and ready.
  2. Connect the cable
  3. Fire up the CPS
  4. Turn the radio on
  5. Connect the cable to the radio, making sure it is properly and completely seated
  6. Click on File
  7. Click on Read Device
  8. You will get a little window asking you to pick the correct port with a drop down. Do that, and it should read the radio.

If you skip a step or try to use the Read Radio button on the tool bar, the comm port may not be properly selected and you won't be able to read the radio. There are previous threads on this as well. They are worth finding and reading.

This is a common issue, and there are many threads on this here on RR and over on the batboard. Find them and read them.

There is also a recent thread about properly seating the connector on the radio. Again, very worth the reading.

HT750 HT1250 HT1550
EX500 EX600 EX560 EX650
PR860 CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550
HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

ten13

Premium Subscriber
"No its a kawamall cable"

I've bought things from kawamall, and they have generally good products.

But, apparently, these Motorola radios, much like women, have a mind of their own.

In my case, I did just about everything that's recommended above, from software to computers to port settings, and the only thing that solved the same problem you have was getting the Motorola cable.

Good luck.

linboogy

Premium Subscriber
I had the same issues. Try this driver setup
Cables & Drivers - Prolific & FTDI

I use very cheap cables with 100% success following the 3.2.0.0 2007 driver. if it still does not work after installing the 2007 driver, drop the baud rate as a last resort to 1200

Last edited:

WQOQ867

Premium Subscriber
If your computer does not have a real serial port, you need to be using a USB to serial adapter that uses the Prolific chip set. And you need the proper driver. There are a number of threads about this here in the Motorola subforum if you need more info on that.

Then, your computer has to be using the right port. Do these steps in this sequence (serial or USB cable, doesn't matter):

1. PC booted and ready.
  2. Connect the cable
  3. Fire up the CPS
  4. Turn the radio on
  5. Connect the cable to the radio, making sure it is properly and completely seated
  6. Click on File
  7. Click on Read Device
  8. You will get a little window asking you to pick the correct port with a drop down. Do that, and it should read the radio.

If you skip a step or try to use the Read Radio button on the tool bar, the comm port may not be properly selected and you won't be able to read the radio. There are previous threads on this as well. They are worth finding and reading.

This is a common issue, and there are many threads on this here on RR and over on the batboard. Find them and read them.

There is also a recent thread about properly seating the connector on the radio. Again, very worth the reading.

HT750 HT1250 HT1550
EX500 EX600 EX560 EX650
PR860 CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550
HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

This really works! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.