Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Well, I tried WIN 10 and today it started with EDGE not loading and Start Menu Fatal error. So since I was on the fence, I decided WIN 7 Pro was more stable for me at this time. SO I went back to WIN 7 Pro.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Well, I tried WIN 10 and today it started with EDGE not loading and Start Menu Fatal error. So since I was on the fence, I decided WIN 7 Pro was more stable for me at this time. SO I went back to WIN 7 Pro.

Did you update your install of Win7 with Win10, or did you do a clean install from scratch of Win10?

CapStar362

im seeing a 50% ratio so far, half the time it fails to update or has some kind of critical error or fatal error, the other 50% its perfectly fine.

CapStar362

even 8.1 is having a better time than 10 is.

plus now with the ability to convert 8.1 to a Aero Theme ( the windows 7 GUI Look ) you can use 8.1 without booting to the Metro Theme ( the tiles look ) by default.

AC2OY

Cap now that I read that driver issues with scanners have been resolved I might click the little blue window at the bottom and let it load. The truth is my computer is working fine so I figured why try to fix something that isn't broke. You know I had nightmares of that last debacle so I'm not really looking for any trouble.

Last edited:

Tracker

Eventually won't we all have to upgrade to Windows 10?
I was thinking of updating my desk top PC, but it runs my Logitech alert security camera software n Logitech dropped their alert series security cameras n hasn't done anymore firmware updates......n prob won't continue to updste them
1. Should I update to Windows 10?
2. Dies anyone have the Logitech alert security cameras?
2. Does anyone know of a similar security camera system that I can upgrade too?

CapStar362

when MS drops the crap about telling me which hardware i can plug into my computer, then i will accept Win 10, until them, Macro-***** can forget about it.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I just did the Windows 10 update(?) yesterday on my Windows 7 machine. It all installed just fine. I took the chance on it since I had just swapped out the HDD for a SSD last month and it would be exceedingly simple to return to Windows 7 for me. I also could use a restore on my backup if I wished.

After I did the install I checked a couple of my utilities. For some reason the UPS monitor utility wanted .net Framework installed and then worked fine. I think that also fixed an issue I have had with my ADSB receiver not displaying in-flight aircraft.

I did have to reinstall my ARC-XT application, but since I have been in discussions with others over that I knew going in it would happen.

I have had only one driver issue so far, with my ADSB receiver. I had to go into a test mode to make it work but I assume AirNav will have a more current driver in a couple months based on prior experience.

I will play with a couple other applications and see what happens.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I just did the Windows 10 update(?) yesterday on my Windows 7 machine. It all installed just fine. I took the chance on it since I had just swapped out the HDD for a SSD last month and it would be exceedingly simple to return to Windows 7 for me. I also could use a restore on my backup if I wished.

After I did the install I checked a couple of my utilities. For some reason the UPS monitor utility wanted .net Framework installed and then worked fine. I think that also fixed an issue I have had with my ADSB receiver not displaying in-flight aircraft.

I did have to reinstall my ARC-XT application, but since I have been in discussions with others over that I knew going in it would happen.

I have had only one driver issue so far, with my ADSB receiver. I had to go into a test mode to make it work but I assume AirNav will have a more current driver in a couple months based on prior experience.

I will play with a couple other applications and see what happens.

My update worked fine had to reinstall one or two things and WIN 10 worked for about 2 weeks then it stated having problems. Edge wouldn't load and the menu wouldn't work. So I reverted to win 7.

n0xvz

Premium Subscriber
I upgraded from Win7 64-bit. So far no issues noted. But then, it's only been a week or so.

CapStar362

i would love to have win 10, but the crap MS is throwing, until they clarify the login uploads even when instructed not to, and the EULA concerning "unauthorized hardware" is clarified what "hardware" they are targeting. im avoiding it.

KB0VWG

I updated 4 of my computers to windows 10 no issues with any of them. I did make sure all of them had all of the necessary updates and ran a disk cleanup and defrag on all the machines and also ran ccleaner before the process, and have had no issues. Not saying the steps I did were necessary but everything is working fine.
kb0vwg
wqoi992

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 all good here except for my Uniden USB cable which is several years old from when I had a BCD 996T I had to get a legacy Prolific driver to make the cable work. My Yaesu USB programming cable has FTDI driver which Windows 10 had no issue with.

Status
Not open for further replies.