Simulcast B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix805

Let me see if I got this right. Simulcast B has been down for awhile while they're modifying it, right? And it's going to be something else (p25 phase 2?) that I won't be able to get unless I get a newer updated scanner. Is that right or am I messed up?

KB7MIB

Several of the RWC sites were 800 MHz when it first started. A and B are the last two to be reassigned to 700 MHz. A will be done after B is complete. I think someone commented that the final upgrading is expected to be complete by the end of 2016.

The system will be P25 Phase II capable when it is all complete. I have to assume that at some point, it will go from Phase I to Phase II after all the sites are 700 MHz, and those of us who don't have a Phase II capable scanner, myself included, will either have to buy one, or be left in the dark in regards to the RWC.

I don't know if either the TRWC or YRCS are Phase II capable as of yet, or if they need to be upgraded. The new Maricopa County system will most likely at least be Phase II capable, as they've only just gotten some of the licensing completed.

This is my understanding/interpretation from other threads.

Did I read correctly somewhere, that Phase II is mandatory, and all Phase I systems must switch to Phase II at some point?

John
Peoria

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
It looks like Simulcast B is starting to come back online. I am showing as site 101 and an active control channel 770.83125. No voice activity yet.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
770.83125 - Current control channel
771.13125 - Alternate control channel
771.18125 - Alternate control channel
771.43125 - Alternate control channel

Cameron1055

I was trying to listen to Phoenix Fire on simulcast A this morning and I was not picking up anything at all, did they move back to simulcast B.

p19997

Premium Subscriber
This new site 101 has the following neighbors:

102 - Simulcast C
103 - Sky Harbor IR
107 - North Mtn HS
204 - New River IR
205 - Simulcast F
301 - Simulcast H
501 - Simulcast G

Besides previously reported control and alternate channels, has transmitted data on 771.38125.

MFD4305

Yes

If you mean 'BCD996T' [I'm unaware of a BCD006T] the answer is yes. My 996T receives Simulcast G fine - with the usual simulcast distortion problems, of course.
HTH

mesocyclone

Sorry, I mistyped. I have a BCD996T. I programmed it a year or two ago and monitored PFD for some time. I no longer pick it up (antenna is not the problem - I get other stuff). Do I have to change the programming - has SB changed?

Tks.

tipster67

Currently Simulcast B is using Simulcast A.... So if you change your control channels to: 867.17500a 867.21250c 867.96250c 868.16250a you should be picking up the PFD again. This may last a day to a month. Because Simulcast B will be back anytime now. At that point it only makes since that Simulcast A will start using B while changes are made to A.. Hope that helps, made me dizzy.

caphab1

Currently Simulcast B is using Simulcast A.... So if you change your control channels to: 867.17500a 867.21250c 867.96250c 868.16250a you should be picking up the PFD again. This may last a day to a month. Because Simulcast B will be back anytime now. At that point it only makes since that Simulcast A will start using B while changes are made to A.. Hope that helps, made me dizzy.

Are you saying to input these control channels into Simul A to receive Simul B? Sorry for the headache!

KB7MIB

When A & B were both active, PD and city services were on A, while FD and city services were on B, along with a few talkgroups from outside agencies, such as Glendale PD.

With B down for its transition to 700 MHz, A is currently doing double duty, carrying everything.

If you program in the control channel's that A is currently using, what you previously heard on B should be hearable again.

Keep in mind, that once B is fully back up and running, A will be taken offline, and everything that is currently on A will be switched to B for the duration of A's transition to 700 MHz.

Once that is done, PD should be going back to A, with FD on B, and city services on both, like it used to be.

John
Peoria

caphab1

When A & B were both active, PD and city services were on A, while FD and city services were on B, along with a few talkgroups from outside agencies, such as Glendale PD.

With B down for its transition to 700 MHz, A is currently doing double duty, carrying everything.

If you program in the control channel's that A is currently using, what you previously heard on B should be hearable again.

Keep in mind, that once B is fully back up and running, A will be taken offline, and everything that is currently on A will be switched to B for the duration of A's transition to 700 MHz.

Once that is done, PD should be going back to A, with FD on B, and city services on both, like it used to be.

John
Peoria

Thanks for the clarification John!! I noticed the DB was updated after I inquired! Oops

tipster67

John
Peoria

Thanks John... I saw that he ask me another question about my explanation and was like sh*t, I was even confused when I got to the end. I see I got nothing wrong but I am sorry I left something open for him to question. I am glad he got his help and glad you helped also!!

Status
Not open for further replies.