Parma's Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parma Fire is now Dispatching for Brooklyn Fire when BFD moved to Cleveland's System? WTF lol
so now BFD is back on Parma's System

The cities of Parma, Parma Heights and Brooklyn are looking to share services through a regional dispatch center that will serve all three cities.

yep this morning Parma is dispatching for Brooklyn sad thing i was happy when Brooklyn moved off the Parma System and went on Cleveland's System

well today Parma Was dispatching for Brooklyn and Parma Hts fire i bet Parma Fireman are NOT going to like all the extra calls for the 2 city's on their channel maybe get a radio in dispatch for Brooklyn and Parma Hts?

budevans

well today Parma Was dispatching for Brooklyn and Parma Hts fire i bet Parma Fireman are NOT going to like all the extra calls for the 2 city's on their channel maybe get a radio in dispatch for Brooklyn and Parma Hts?

Sounds like they might be moving to the Regional Model as it's been referred to. It's not uncommon for a single Fire Dispatch to handle multiple communities. Cuyahoga Valley has done it for as long as I can remember. So have WestCom and EastCom. Just recently it looks like the Southeast (SECC) is going the same direction.

It's a better utilization of personnel and a cost savings. Why have multiple Dispatchers when one is sufficient. I doubt that Parma Fire has any issues with the shared Dispatch.

Swipesy

David, are you saying that Brooklyn is using the Parma Fd Talkgroup number or are they back to using their original Prama System Brooklyn Talkgroup number?

John

budevans

David, are you saying that Brooklyn is using the Parma Fd Talkgroup number or are they back to using their original Prama System Brooklyn Talkgroup number?

John

John,

While typing my reply to David, I heard a call for Brooklyn FD and when I looked at my scanner it showed Parma FD Disp. Don't know if this was fluke. But, it's what I heard and saw.

Earlier this week (Thursday or Friday) when I first heard Brooklyn FD back on the Parma system. Brooklyn FD Disp showed on my scanner with the old Brooklyn FD TG.

budevans

Parma Regional Dispatch Center

August 15th the Parma Regional Dispatch Center went live. Parma, Parma Hts. and Brooklyn safety forces are being dispatched from the new (remodeled) dispatch center.

The following are some articles outlining how things proceeded.

What will Parma's regional dispatch center cost Parma Heights and Brooklyn? | cleveland.com

Parma approves bids for regional dispatch center: City Council recap | cleveland.com

Parma City Council to finalize regional dispatch agreement (live coverage) | cleveland.com

Parma Hts. Fire Chief's comments on the Southwest Dispatch Center.
https://www.emergencycallworks.com/...w-off-new-southwest-emergency-dispatch-center

CSU 2009 Regional Study PDF:
http://engagedscholarship.csuohio.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1155&context=urban_facpub

StereoScout

Parm System Talkgroup Updates

Today Parma Heights in no longer using the 1553 talkgroup for their police dispatch.. They are now using the same talkgroup with Brooklyn which is 529.

Parma, Parma Hts., & Brooklyn are all using talkgroup 289 for their Fire and EMS dispatching. Engine/Medic Dispatch is 1 through 5 for Parma, Engine/Medic 6 is Parma Heights, and Engine/Medic 7 is Brooklyn.

i bet the Fire Chief with Brooklyn is NOT happy to be back on Parma's System he moved to Cleveland's for the reason Parma's System SUCKS lol

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
What happened to Parma Hts PD?
Haven't heard them for two days now either on the Cleve. system or the Parma system.
New radios maybe?

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
Parma Hts

I have all that programmed in my scanner and have not heard any Parma Hts PD calls for two days.
Plus I have wild cards programmed in and nothing coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.