ezdropper

Premium Subscriber
Heard these frequencies today at the Renaissance Festival in Crownsville

151.7150 [PL162.2] Ch1 Security/First Aid/Operations
151.7450 [PL162.2] Ch2 Talk Around
151.8275 [DCS265] Ch3 Concessions

Gilligan

Database Admin
I have added this information to the database under an event category for Maryland Renaissance Festival. Quick question -- is this taking place (annually) at a place called Crownsville Fairgrounds? If so, are these radios used solely by the Festival operators or would they be used annually at the fairgrounds? Per the DB handbook, I created a new county agency called Events and assigned it to that page. Just trying to keep the listing correct...

Maryland Renaissance Festival

Last edited:

dtscho

Database Admin
I have added this information to the database under an event category for Maryland Renaissance Festival. Quick question -- is this taking place (annually) at a place called Crownsville Fairgrounds? If so, are these radios used solely by the Festival operators or would they be used annually at the fairgrounds? Just trying to keep the listing correct...

RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

I think these frequencies should be in the Wiki, since they are for a special event.

Dave

Gilligan

Database Admin
I don't mind putting it there instead, but here are the database administration handbook guidelines on this, which is why I put it in the database:

From 6.1.2 (page 9):
"Temporary, non-recurring use frequencies, e.g., frequencies for special events – this information shall be included in the relevant area of the RR wiki (note: regularly recurring special events frequencies may be included in an appropriate “Events” agency page in the database)"

ezdropper

Premium Subscriber
I have added this information to the database under an event category for Maryland Renaissance Festival. Quick question -- is this taking place (annually) at a place called Crownsville Fairgrounds? If so, are these radios used solely by the Festival operators or would they be used annually at the fairgrounds? Per the DB handbook, I created a new county agency called Events and assigned it to that page. Just trying to keep the listing correct...

Maryland Renaissance Festival

It takes place in Crownsville from Aug-Oct every year. I think the land is privately owned, the land just sits vacant when the festival is not going on.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
It takes place in Crownsville from Aug-Oct every year. I think the land is privately owned, the land just sits vacant when the festival is not going on.

The "Crownsville Fairgrounds" probably refers to the AA County Fairgrounds, adjacent to the Eisenhower Golf Course on Generals Highway. The "RenFen" site is currently on private property off of Crownsville Road, however they want to move for some reason. There is talk of a new site in south county, but nearby residents / farmers are objecting.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
The proper name of the site is 'Revel Grove'. Open weekends from early August to mid-October, and Labor Day Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.