Trunked Systems Newbie Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs16

Premium Subscriber
Are digital frequencies always part of a trunked system?

The Buffalo, NY police went digital a couple years ago. I'm working with Freescan for the first time. I started by importing all conventional systems for Erie County. Then, I imported a couple trunked systems for Erie Country for practice.

I noticed that the Buffalo Police are listed in the conventional system list. When I imported Erie County, they were included in the conventional system import. They are on the P25 system. So, I'm trying to make sure that I did it right. Is it possible that those P25 frequencies (which is what Buffalo PD is using) are conventional and not trunked?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber

While your Buffalo question has been answered, this is more of a general statement.

Digital frequencies can be either trunked or conventional, just like analog frequencies can be either trunked or conventional.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Buffalo

The Buffalo, NY police went digital a couple years ago. I'm working with Freescan for the first time. I started by importing all conventional systems for Erie County. Then, I imported a couple trunked systems for Erie Country for practice.

I noticed that the Buffalo Police are listed in the conventional system list. When I imported Erie County, they were included in the conventional system import. They are on the P25 system. So, I'm trying to make sure that I did it right. Is it possible that those P25 frequencies (which is what Buffalo PD is using) are conventional and not trunked?
Just add the Buffalo Police frequencies to your list, they are p25 digital.
Steve

rs16

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all for the info. I'm learning to use Freescan (the basics seem easy) before buying the 325p2. I had a 436, but it's operation was too complex for my level. So, I'm going to get my programming list together first and then go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.