Interesting Operation Unitrunker Rel 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

cartwright

Two NooElec T2.5ppm sticks running Unitrunker Rel 32 on Win 7 Pro 64 bit six core AMD processor 3.30Ghz and 12 GB of RAM.

Motorola Smartnet II Analog system simulcast four sites. I am closest to site 4 which I receive great almost full quieting. Problem is two fold.

1) Multiple agencies tie into Ambassador CEB through various carrier facilities. Home agency (Fire / Ambulance) where Ambassador is located has console ID's for each position module. Receive their audio from mobile and consoles 5 by 5. Trouble is when remote agencies transmit, I receive all mobiles fine regardless of patch, MS, or other call set up, however dispatcher RID shows up for all agencies as 65535 and other "common" ID's shared by them. Their (dispatcher audio is clipped or muted a lot depending on RID used at the time as it rotates even though its the same dispatcher) Only happens on remote agencies coming in to the Ambassador from remote. Never for the home located agency. I also notice a TG comes up and goes back and forth between channels for the site despite the matrix priorities given higher values.

The last issue is with the bandplan. It was populated by the system, and showing up rebanded but is in the 851-853 old spectrum. the first slot has channel 0 thru 453 and the second line shows a jump to 866 Mhz and higher on each successive line. Since this system was converted from a three independent site Motorola Smartnet I and II Hybrid which are supposedly running for local telemetry and SCADA, could there be either pollution in their database or just programming issues? I notice TGs in Unitrunker that are Locked and 99 priority will air the audio occasionally despite everything set differently against the logic.

Health is 100% CC on one dongle, Voice on the other. Audio is great as with operation except these quirks above.

Sorry for the length, but I have been trying a lot of different stuff attempting to isolate the issue.

Much thanks

Oh and all the agencies are Countywide. No site specific operation.

Last edited:

cartwright

UNITRUNKER can you assist?

Two NooElec T2.5ppm sticks running Unitrunker Rel 32 on Win 7 Pro 64 bit six core AMD processor 3.30Ghz and 12 GB of RAM.

Motorola Smartnet II Analog system simulcast four sites. I am closest to site 4 which I receive great almost full quieting. Problem is two fold.

1) Multiple agencies tie into Ambassador CEB through various carrier facilities. Home agency (Fire / Ambulance) where Ambassador is located has console ID's for each position module. Receive their audio from mobile and consoles 5 by 5. Trouble is when remote agencies transmit, I receive all mobiles fine regardless of patch, MS, or other call set up, however dispatcher RID shows up for all agencies as 65535 and other "common" ID's shared by them. Their (dispatcher audio is clipped or muted a lot depending on RID used at the time as it rotates even though its the same dispatcher) Only happens on remote agencies coming in to the Ambassador from remote. Never for the home located agency. I also notice a TG comes up and goes back and forth between channels for the site despite the matrix priorities given higher values.

The last issue is with the bandplan. It was populated by the system, and showing up rebanded but is in the 851-853 old spectrum. the first slot has channel 0 thru 453 and the second line shows a jump to 866 Mhz and higher on each successive line. Since this system was converted from a three independent site Motorola Smartnet I and II Hybrid which are supposedly running for local telemetry and SCADA, could there be either pollution in their database or just programming issues? I notice TGs in Unitrunker that are Locked and 99 priority will air the audio occasionally despite everything set differently against the logic.

Health is 100% CC on one dongle, Voice on the other. Audio is great as with operation except these quirks above.

Sorry for the length, but I have been trying a lot of different stuff attempting to isolate the issue.

Much thanks

Oh and all the agencies are Countywide. No site specific operation.

I have manually recreated the Bandplan for the site and pushed it. It seems to have corrected that issue. The only issue from making this ready to streamcast is the common IDs that pop up simultaneously at the same time about four or five different agencies are dispatching. As I said only occurs with the remote connected agencies and not the Ambulance / Fire which is connected local to the Ambassador. I also found out that they are also transmitting (although not using) the P25 Motorola system which was stalled I assume due to the agencies still on the analog but not swinging over to the new system. Since I no longer know how those paths are established as I retired, I am not sure that may be one of the reasons of the shared IDs. But it occurrs on the P25 system identically of course its just mirroring the analog traffic etc.

Could there be perhaps extended bits in the OSW or such that differentiates the similar IDs that Unitrunker doesnt see or discards? It really is a pain because Mobile audio is great, Dispatch audio is great as long as they dont get the same ID during multiple transmissions. Then they just go away.

Thank you in advance.

cartwright

Update

The ID that is shared (RID) is 65520. Or correctly shown since upgrading to the preview version of Unitrunker ver 34 as 765520i

Any suggestion or perhaps decoding analysis of CC data would be appreciated.

I incorrectly reported the earlier post RID

SCPD

QRT
Problem is two fold.
Only two?

however dispatcher RID shows up for all agencies as 65535 and other "common" ID's shared by them.
Is this the problem?

[quote[Their (dispatcher audio is clipped or muted a lot depending on RID used at the time as it rotates even though its the same dispatcher)[/quote]Or is this the problem?

I also notice a TG comes up and goes back and forth between channels for the site despite the matrix priorities given higher values.
Or is this it? I'm not sure what "comes up and goes back and forth" means. Are you talking about voice following or just watching call activity in the site window?

The last issue is with the bandplan. It was populated by the system, and showing up rebanded but is in the 851-853 old spectrum. the first slot has channel 0 thru 453 and the second line shows a jump to 866 Mhz and higher on each successive line. Since this system was converted from a three independent site Motorola Smartnet I and II Hybrid which are supposedly running for local telemetry and SCADA, could there be either pollution in their database or just programming issues?
I have no idea what is going on here. If you were monitoring this system prior to some sort of upgrade you may very well have an old bandplan. The easy fix is to delete the site (not the system, just the site) and let the program rebuild it from scratch.

I notice TGs in Unitrunker that are Locked and 99 priority will air the audio occasionally despite everything set differently against the logic.
I can't tell if this is a symptom of a bad band plan or a voice following bug.

Moving on to your next post.

I have manually recreated the Bandplan for the site and pushed it. It seems to have corrected that issue.
The manual part probably wasn't necessary. Are you aware of the bandplan wizard? Look for the calculator looking tool on the site window.

The only issue from making this ready to streamcast is the common IDs that pop up simultaneously at the same time about four or five different agencies are dispatching.
There's a crappy form of multiselect where the call actually spans multiple channels with each group getting it's own channel. The source radio ID is the same but the target IDs are different. I don't remember a Motorola system ever doing this so this sounds very strange.

But it occurrs on the P25 system identically of course its just mirroring the analog traffic etc.
Are they using a SmartX bridge? Those are known to pass weirdness over the control channel.

cartwright

I know its one of those things

Only two?

I KNOW I KNOW. To me anyway. Everything is explainable, or operator error.

Is this the problem?

THEY ARE IN COMBINATION. When a dispatcher of any remote agency initiates transmission, the RID is usually assigned 7655520i. Dispatch audio is heard. As long as no other dispatcher at that or another remote agency initiates a transmission simultaneously everything works. But if another dispatcher on remote regardless of agency (remote to Ambassador is the key) transmits, they too get the SAME RID 765520i. They are shown on separate channels. However the flipping back and forth begins from channel to the other channel on the voice VCO during the simultaneous transmissions. Almost as if the Control dongle is updating the Voice Dongle with new OSW, Priority, etc data causing the voice dongle to retune back and forth to the multiple instance transmission on same RID. What is really interesting one conversation is a tag check, another is a utilities worker. No multiselect or patch for it. Mobiles and other dispatchers onsite physically to the Ambassador, with sole RIDs come in fine.

[quote[Their (dispatcher audio is clipped or muted a lot depending on RID used at the time as it rotates even though its the same dispatcher)
Or is this the problem?

Or is this it? I'm not sure what "comes up and goes back and forth" means. Are you talking about voice following or just watching call activity in the site window?

BOTH. The Voice Following is depicted on the channel activity screen at the top.

I have no idea what is going on here. If you were monitoring this system prior to some sort of upgrade you may very well have an old bandplan. The easy fix is to delete the site (not the system, just the site) and let the program rebuild it from scratch.

I can't tell if this is a symptom of a bad band plan or a voice following bug.

NOT SURE but it has done it since beginning to monitor the system as this is new within 1 month. Agencies adjacent to me are monitored fine. Howver their Motorola systems are pretty basic

Moving on to your next post.

The manual part probably wasn't necessary. Are you aware of the bandplan wizard? Look for the calculator looking tool on the site window.

I DO. The bandplan wizard identified corrected as Rebanded which they are. Even wiping out the Bandplan and allowing the wizard to take it still ended up with the discrepancy. It is working fine now.

There's a crappy form of multiselect where the call actually spans multiple channels with each group getting it's own channel. The source radio ID is the same but the target IDs are different. I don't remember a Motorola system ever doing this so this sounds very strange.

NEITHER DO I. And I am familiar with homemade efforts to link sites by agencies.

Are they using a SmartX bridge? Those are known to pass weirdness over the control channel.[/QUOTE]

THAT is a totally unknown and a great possibility. What I am wondering is whether the Controllers can further the RID from the remote agencies because of the interface addressing on the cards in the Ambassor, or perhaps a dataset that is extended in this particular system by the FTRs or Engineers at Schaumburg.

I have a video capture of the activity above if you would like to private me and I will send it to you or any other data you may need. Not complaining. Just really trying to solve a typical RF/Smart issue.

cartwright

Site converters and SmartXBridge

Yep. I have basically confirmed this. Will get more info but rumor is after conversion whenever that occurs, site converters will be reconfigured as VPMs t "retain investment".

I guess now the answer is what kind of data is present, and Unitrunkers capabilities to either decode such or perhaps ignore a locked out TG completely. Not even show it despite being an active call, but a non selected, non monitored TG to see if the remaining unlocked TG will stay on the voice Dongle and not switch back and forth rapidly between TGs on different channels but sharing the same RID.

Thanks Rick for your participation and help.mawesome program that rivals the old system watch by Moto

Status
Not open for further replies.