MEDCOM Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadjammer

Medcom has been having communication issues the last few days. Med 10 has been scratchy with very low audio and static and I heard other testing on Meds 6 & 7. A few minutes ago after not being able to communicate on Med 10 I heard the ambulance person say to the Medcom Dispatcher: "Its not your fault but the system stinks and the communication stinks." Truer words were never spoken. Last week I heard two patches being given to Yale at the same time and the hospital never understood either of them and no one had the units re-patch .Never remember that kind of thing with CMED. The whole thing seems very unprofessional if you ask me,

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
Leadjammer
I was in that ambulance with the gentleman that said that. Really truer words have not been said. Med 10 has turned very unprofessional. A lot of problems lately. Missed patches. Missed notifications. Horrible audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Let's just hope and pray that their mistakes don't get a patient or a crew hurt or worse!

Manny

leadjammer

Medcom problems

Even the audio on the med channels have changed. Can't even hear Med 7 most of the time. I don't think the hospitals hear it either. Med 52 has no repeater at all. Kind of crazy. I know money is the issue but CMED was so professional and the dispatchers were excellent. Can the participating towns really be happy with this mess. Does anyone know where the CMED dispatch center used to be? Was it Orange St in New Haven? AMR is only about two miles away. Wonder why communications would become so poor. I thought AMR had a state of the art call center. I miss the old days of CMED, that's for sure/

KB1JHU

The Southwest med 52 repeater will likely be left off most of the time just like the other Southwest patch channels.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
I agree none of the patch channels were ever repeated when I worked in the region no reason they will change now. I know Wallingford and Meriden are on med 82 or 102 for dispatch are West Haven and New Haven just using their regular channels or are they on a coordination freq also?

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
So another fiasco on MedCom. Stabbing from West Haven going to Yale and we get a version of who's on first over the radio. Now mark my words as I'm not the only one who heard this I'm sure. Charlie Unit calls in on 10 for patch gets told to go to Med 7. Said Charlie Unit on 7 calls in nobody there. Charlie goes back to 10 and MedCom calls charlie on 7. MedCom goes to 10 Charlie is on 7. Patch completed at the back door to the ER with the reverse alarm going in the background. Glad that's not my family member. But Hey everyone wanted to pay less so I guess you get what you pay for. And this literally just went down

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
So another fiasco on MedCom. Stabbing from West Haven going to Yale and we get a version of who's on first over the radio. Now mark my words as I'm not the only one who heard this I'm sure. Charlie Unit calls in on 10 for patch gets told to go to Med 7. Said Charlie Unit on 7 calls in nobody there. Charlie goes back to 10 and MedCom calls charlie on 7. MedCom goes to 10 Charlie is on 7. Patch completed at the back door to the ER with the reverse alarm going in the background. Glad that's not my family member. But Hey everyone wanted to pay less so I guess you get what you pay for. And this literally just went down

Yup! Heard it as exactly as you just described it. It would have been funny if it were not for the scary fact that there was a human life at stake! Unbelievable, but true! Hope the person pulls through!

Manny

leadjammer

I find it amazing that the participating towns would pay anything for a system like this. Whats the point. Most patches aren't heard and many nurses or whoever at the er's don't know how to key the mike before they speak. Its almost laughable and very unprofessional if you ask me. Just what is a town like Hamden getting for its fee to MEDCOM. The opportunity to have their hospital patch go unheard? How long can this continue? Wheres the co-ordination? BLS transports aren't even patched anymore. CMED might have been expensive but I believe the towns were at least getting something in return for their dollars. Now I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.