New COIRS Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

au1344

Premium Subscriber
I have been searching COIRS for some new talkgroups and matching them up with the radio template on their website (coirs.org) and I have come across two new talkgroups. The first one is 20031, I am getting a lot of hits tonight but cannot hear anything which makes me think it is encrypted and possibly the TG on the template labeled DUB CIU.1. The second one is 20092 and I am about 99% positive this is HIL PTAC2 as they were talking about key holders for the sunoco gas station on Main St. in Old Hilliard. Could anybody help me to verify these TG's especially 20031?

Thanks
-Jon

au1344

Premium Subscriber
I can't get COIRS very well unless I am at work but the last time I got a hit on 20076 it sounded like a Record check TG. I'll listen for it tonight.

rwhanf

Feed Provider
I am unable to pick up any good audio on the COIRS system, however, I have no problem picking up the data. So I have been running Unitrunker non-stop for the past several days and there are several active talkgroups that are not listed in the data base. They are showing up a group voice calls but I am to far away from the system to pick up the audio. They are TG 65536, 10244 and 10106. All of these have recorded several hundred hits are are in the top 20 busiest talkgroups on the system. Is there anyone close by that would be able to monitor these?

I do know that each manned station has there own station alerting talkgroup. These are programmed in the walkies and on the station radio as "PA" channels. After several days of monitoring and comparing to the dispatch audio on Broadcastify, here is what I have discovered...
10226 - Medic 1
10227 - Medic 2
10228 - Medic 3
10229 - Medic 4
Medic 5 (not confirmed yet)
Medic 6 (not confirmed yet)
10013 - Medic 7 (in the DB as patch 155.37)
10233 - Medic 8
10234 - Medic 9
10235 - Medic 10
10241 - Station 301
10242 - Station 302
10061 - Station 303 (in the DB as Fire Prevention)
10236 - Station 321
10237 - Station 322
10238 - Station 341
10257 - Station 351
10239 - Station 361
10240 - Station 362
10232 - Station 441
10258 - Station 451
10052 - EMS 461
10053 - EMS 462
10054 - noted during the morning tone test but unsure of who it is
Unsure of the other station. I will continue to monitor and report.

According to Unitrunker, these are all patched to DelComm when they dispatch the units, then the patch is dropped as soon as they are done dispatching the call.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Those are status bits which are not included in the database.

Motorola “status bit” talkgroups - Motorola talkgroups shall be divisible evenly by 16 (in decimal format).

The “status bit” indicates the “status” of the talkgroup and does not actually represent a unique talkgroup.

Last edited:

au1344

Premium Subscriber
I am monitoring the DubWor site and getting surprisingly good signal in the Gahanna area so I am taking advantage of it. Normally I get next to nothing. I am seeing 65536 on that site as well. I am mostly searching for unknown Hilliard groups at the moment as a favor to my Dad (He has a PRO-651 but is not technically advanced enough to figure out how to search for TGs himself)

ibagli

65536 is the Morse Code identification. I think it's just a Unitrunker oddity that it shows up as a talkgroup. As far as I know, actual talkgroups above 65535 aren't possible.

Motorola “status bit” talkgroups - Motorola talkgroups shall be divisible evenly by 16 (in decimal format).

They're not status bits. COIRS is a P25 system.

Last edited:

au1344

Premium Subscriber
65536 is the Morse Code identification. I think it's just a Unitrunker oddity that it shows up as a talkgroup. As far as I know, actual talkgroups above 65535 aren't possible.

That makes sense seeing as the TG format that I have noticed so far is 1XXXX are Delaware TGs and 2XXXX are Franklin County (Dublin, Hilliard, and Worthington) TGs. Although I did notice an Event channel for Westerville listed on COIRS template as being on their system.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012

They're not status bits. COIRS is a P25 system.
Thank You, I stand corrected (I don't know what I was thinking, it's been a long, long week). All those new TGs he posted must be for station alerting I guess. I still hear the dispatches even without those talkgroups.

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I am monitoring the DubWor site and getting surprisingly good signal in the Gahanna area so I am taking advantage of it. Normally I get next to nothing. I am seeing 65536 on that site as well. I am mostly searching for unknown Hilliard groups at the moment as a favor to my Dad (He has a PRO-651 but is not technically advanced enough to figure out how to search for TGs himself)
Recently there were several new Hilliard TGs added to the database.

You may also want to see if you get a better signal off of the Delaware County Site.

rwhanf

Feed Provider

Thanks, that is great information. After looking back through the Unitrunker records, that hits every 30 minutes. I knew it was odd and out of place but couldn't figure it out, appreciate the info.

Last edited by a moderator:

au1344

Premium Subscriber
Recently there were several new Hilliard TGs added to the database.

You may also want to see if you get a better signal off of the Delaware County Site.

I have tried the Delaware site but didn't get any Franklin County stuff on it which sucks since I get a better signal on it. I submitted those new Hilliard TGs but there are still a few I know of and I am just trying to figure out what the heck they are using them for.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

The “status bit” indicates the “status” of the talkgroup and does not actually represent a unique talkgroup.

There are no status bits on P25 talkgroups.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I think there is an echo in here.

I saw the first post buried within another message after I sent my response, but in any case, smart aleck replies and/or flames are not necessary and not appreciated. A polite mention is all that's needed, if anything.

You've been warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.