BC200XLT will not turn on with battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabiscuit754

Greetings All,

I've had the BC200XLT since 1994 and recently had the batteries replaced in the battery pack. After getting the battery pack back I charged it fully and attached to the scanner. I turned the scanner on and nothing happens. If I plug the charger into the battery pack and turn the scanner on it operates normally. While the scanner is ON, I unplugged the charger and the scanner continues to operate with no problems. A friend of mine has the same scanner and is exhibiting the same problem. If I hold a 9V battery against the terminals and turn the scanner on it operates normally. I checked the repaired battery pack and the voltage is 8.4VDC. This scanner has the speed update and extended battery modification installed. It is the way the scanner came to me brand new out of the box from Racing Electronics. I only know that these mods were done since I recently opened the scanner along with my friend who opened his and did some comparisons. I found the service manual on-line and the layouts look the same but different due to the mods. If I hold one of the key down and turn the scanner on the speaker makes a "motor boat" sound. Thank you in advance for any information or helpful tips to resolve the issue at hand with the scanner. If you require more information than what I've stated don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Scott

seabiscuit754

Still won't turn on with battery alone

Hi Ronaldski,

I tried replacing C214 (6.3V, 47uF) and C216 (6.3V, 100uF) on the MICOM Assy and still the scanner will not turn "ON" with just the battery alone. If I plug that wall wart into the battery and turn the scanner "ON" it will come on and stay on even if I pull the wall wart from the battery. I'm looking for any other suggestions that will help me get this scanner going. I appreciate anything that you or anyone else out there can think of that will aid me in resolving my situation. Thank you.

Regards,

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.