LRRP not displaying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA2ZEY

I'm getting LRRP messages (purple) in DSD+ and when I start LRRP, the map comes up but no cars on the map. I see that there is a configuration file. Can someone show an example of how I'm supposed to set that up?

BackHive67

As far a I understand it, there are several providers of the addon hardware module that provides the user with the LRRP functionality. Only the Motorola (??) unit can currently be decoded and displayed on the map. Where I am, I can see several transmissions that have LRRP data yet I have never seen anything appear on the map and I believe that is why.

B/H

KA2ZEY

RayAir

I can only get LRRP reports for a local city public works dept trucks.

Pretty cool, shows GPS coordinates , direction of travel and speed in event log and if you pull the map up it shows the trucks.

I can't get it to work for a local EMS provider though.

What's is ARS? I see that come up a lot too. I'm guessing it is some kind of reporting.

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
I have the same thing with a local public works department. What I think would be helpful is for the community to help with improving the GPS decoding by having those that have GPS enabled radios try getting samples of both uncompressed and compressed GPS data packets with KNOWN coordinates (i.e. pick a spot and send radio GPS from there). I know that I was able to help find the uncompressed Hytera GPS data which works now. But when the radio is set to compressed it shows nothing. I know by now there are enough people out there with Motorola/Hytera/etc radios that handle GPS to help we just have to get them to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.